Road bike comes in all designs promising an experience of a lifetime, especially for those who love the outdoors. However, most of them come with a price tag that tends to leave a bicycle rider feeling disillusioned. There is one bike that has all the features of a quality road bike, but with an affordable price tag to it. Introducing the Vilano TUONO 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike
The main purpose of a road bike is commuting and the Vilano TUONO 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike is a combination of strength and durability to cater for the many years you are planning to commute, after all you do want to be replacing your bicycle every too often. The aluminum frame and the steel fork speak of not only durability, but stability and comfort while taking a ride. Despite the aluminum and steel material the bike is light weight as it weighs approximately 11 kilograms.
With road bikes you want to be able to change the gears as you cruise down the road. Thanks to the 21 speeds that come with the Vilano TUONO 2.0 you will be able to enjoy different gear shifts with ease. With 21 different speed what’s not to like. The speeds mean nothing if there is no effective braking. While commuting the necessity to make sudden stops or to simply slow down at certain junctures is inevitable. The Vilano TUONO 2.0 comes with a braking system that is worth writing home about. Both components ensure that you enjoy the riding experience without the worry of safety and putting so much effort.
This entry level bike comes with impressive wheels set that is mainly meant to tackle smooth and hilly terrain. Thanks to Kenda tires and a double walled wheels that make it easy to maneuver different road types. To enhance the comfort of the rider the frame comes in different sizes in order to suit different people of different sizes. The saddle of the bicycle is also very comfortable, so the rider does not have to feel numb while they take a ride. Let us delve deeper into what makes the Vilano TUONO 2.0, the features, benefits, pros and cons, the missing links and the final say about this particular bicycle.
Features of Vilano TUONO 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike
The light Vilano TUONO 2.0 Aluminum Road Bike comes packed with a number of great features that is meant to enhance your cycling experience whether as a beginner or as a pro. A detailed description of each feature will reveal just how much effort the manufacturer put in to satisfy the needs of the existing as well as potential users. Read on and discover what Vilano has to offer.
- The most notable feature that makes the Vilano TUONO 2.0 is the 21 gears and the easy shift settings which means you can enjoy faster speeds on the road and a smooth gear change.
- The bike comes fitted with an aluminum frame and a steel fork for strength, stability and safety on the side of the rider. This also means durability in the long run. The frames come in three sizes of 50, 54 and 58 cm for people of different height and size.
- It has 700c wheel set that is double walled with machine sides.
- It has caliper brakes made from alloy that gives enough braking force just when you need it.
- The Vilano TUONO 2.0 comes with front and rear Shimano derailleur which allows smooth and easy gear shifting. There is also a 7-speed freewheel.
- There is a triple alloy crank set of 50/40/30 rank set.
- Its angled handlebars can be adjusted for the comfort of the cyclist.
- There is an inclusion of threadless 700 c 11/8-inch headset to make it lighter, stability on the handle and protection from rust. The headset allows adjustment of the handlebars to various heights.
- The Vilano TUONO 2.0 has KMC chains that work together with the derailleurs for the great riding experience. They are also known to last longer.
- The replaceable pedals come in a standard form which is good enough for whatever commuting needs.
- There are three colors to choose from: Black, white and grey
- The saddle is an urban comfort to keep your comfort on your ride around town.
- The Vilano TUONO 2.0 features a water bottle holder and other storage racks at the back.
What’s in it for me? The most common question consumers ask before any purchase. The Vilano TUONO 2.0 has a lot to answer that question for any road bike lover. There are numerous benefits that the Vilano prides itself with and this section of the review will list the benefits and advantages of this wondrous bike.
- Affordable: The Vilano TUONO 2.0 is affordable bike and its price is very low. Considering all the features it comes with and the fact that it is a road bike this is one of the cheapest road bikes of its kind.
- A smooth gear shift: Another benefit to the Vilano TUONO 2.0 is the smooth shift from one gear to another. When you are changing terrains and consequentially the gears, there is no noticeable sound or jerking from the gears.
- Excellent braking system: The alloy caliper brakes work great for this bike. Riding through a busy street is much safer as these brakes stop the bike when the need arises.
- Stability: Stability is no issue with the Vilano TUONO 2.0. The bike is made from an aluminum frame which is light but strong something that most cyclists will appreciate
- 21 different speeds: If you love speed, then this bicycle does not disappoint. The 21 gears available gives you a variety to choose from with ease.
- Suitable for different users: The frames come in different sizes of 50, 54 and 58 cm. For those who are bigger and taller there is an option for them and those who with a smaller built are not left behind as well.
- Great chain and gear functionality: The Shimano derailleur and shifters and strong KCM chain work together to change speeds without much effort or discomfort to the cyclist. The chain does not come off the gears easily unless for twerking and maintenance purposes only.
- Easily customized: Most of the parts of this bicycle such as the pedal and tires can be easily customized to fit your preferences and individuality.
- Aesthetic value: The bike comes in different colors. Grey, black and white and the best part of it all is the way the paint job is done gives it a glossy look.
- Easy to assemble: The ease of assembling the different parts is another benefit. Though the bike comes packaged straight from the factory, the assembly is quite straight forward. It is easy to assemble and there is no need to hire a professional.
- Comfortable and easy to use handle bars: The angled handle bars make it easy for the rider to use as they are make their way through the traffic or a clear road. They can be easily adjusted for you comfort.
The Pros of Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike
The Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike has a number of pros that will always keep you coming for more. This is a list of some of the pros you can look forward to.
- Assured safety: The first and notable pro of the Vilano TUONO 2.0 is the safety. Thanks to the brakes and the solid frame, the safety of the rider seems the foremost on the minds of the manufacturers.
- Cost effective: What makes this bike more appealing to road bike lovers is the fact that its cheap. The price tag is very low depending on where you make your purchase. Despite its price it comes with many features that make it enviable among its competitors.
- Accommodates different users: With the different sizes of the frames different users can find the right size for the body whether tall or short. The three different frame sizes assure everyone of a comfortable ride.
- Ease of assembly: The bike needs some assembly and a bit of twerking on the brakes and the derailleur once when it delivered but it is very easy to assemble and does not require too much work like other bicycles of the same caliber.
- Comfort: The urban comfort saddle, easy to use handlebars and a stable frame gives the rider comfort all the way to their destination.
- Can take different terrains: Though the tires are of poor quality, the fork works together to form the most efficient shock absorbers while you are cycling through rough terrain. The double wall wheel set made from CNC alloy machined sides which means strength for you as you maneuver your way on a less fine road.
- Great gear shifting: The front and rear derailleurs make the gear shifting mechanism a breeze for the user. There is no discomfort or any notable change while you make the shift.
The Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike is an amazing bike thanks to all the features and the subsequent benefits and the pros. However, this does not mean that it is devoid of fault. The unjust thing to do is to compare this bike to other stronger, more expensive bikes. So do not take this as comparison, but rather listing the weak points, which is quite common with other bikes as well. This section of the review will focus on the cons.
- Poor quality tires: The wheel set is generally great but the tires are of poor quality and cannot withstand rough terrains for long periods. This explains the pricing. If you are thinking of spending your time on rough terrains, then buy quality replacements.
- Hard saddle: The urban comfort saddle may be comfortable for a while, but with time leads to numbness since the saddle is hard.
- Difficulty in assembly: When you receive the bicycle, the delivery is meant to be easy and straight forward. However, cases of users not being able to understand the instructions fully have been noted. The twerking and adjustments are also time consuming.
The Missing Links of Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike
Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike has its good side which we have already tackled and the bad side. The perfection is what we all desires but the fact is that cannot be achieved. The Vilano TUONO 2.0 comes with its fair share of baggage in the form of missing links. The next section of this review will focus on the missing links related to this particular bike and what can be done to fill in the blank spaces.
- The Vilano TUONO 2.0 comes with non-adjustable brakes that may be a hindrance to those who prefer adjustable ones. To mitigate this, you can visit your nearest store and purchase the brakes you favor.
- The fact that virtually all the parts are customizable can be counteractive since it beats logic to buy one bike only to change it to another. If you are looking for something other than what the Vilano TUONO 2.0 has to offer, then its best to buy another bike.
- The standard pedals that come with delivery of the bike are bonus but the quality is not up to par. You can purchase new pedals from your local store for replacement.
- Like most bikes of this price the tires have issues with quality. The tires are weak and can easily tear on rough terrain. Purchase new durable ones in case you are planning on trips through rough terrains.
Our Final Take on Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike
When it comes to entry level bikes you can’t do better than the Vilano TUONO 2.0 aluminum road bike. The price is low enough for you not to break the bank and the features such as the aluminum frame and fork, alloy caliber brakes and the 21 speeds just makes the deal even better. If you are looking to start cycling or if you are just looking for something different at an affordable price, then this bicycle is for you. Click here to check out this road bike.