Bicycles are some of the most highly valued machines that have ever been invented to facilitate easy and faster mobility and transportation in the lives of people of all levels and genders since they were invented in the 19th century. In the initial days when they were invented, they were designed for men. But as times have been changing and societies evolving, bikes are no longer a monopoly of men because of the rise in the demand and love for bicycles among the contemporary women of our age and time.
Most of the women of our day and time appreciate and love bicycles the same way their male counterparts do. It is because of this that many modern women are embracing bikes and cycling not just as a means of moving between different points but also for the sake of enjoying the recreational and sporting benefits that go with it. Whether these women are riding just for the sake of recreation, or getting access to their workstations or cycling to share some light moments with their girlfriends and family, cycling is fast becoming an important practice and culture among many modern women. It is because of the above trends that designing a bike model that is invested with unique ladies’ needs and satisfaction in view stands out as a leap in the right direction if told that any serous bike maker will remain a serious contender in the bike market.
That is why Schwinn, a strong and established name in the bike manufacturing industry, designed and crafted this lady-friendly hybrid bicycle to capture every dimension of elegance, convenience, versatility and style all of that locked up within a cool machine called Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike. This hybrid lady bike is enhanced and endowed with feminine features that are supposed to excellently cater for the cycling needs of women across all ages and all walks of life.
It is therefore the aim and mandate of this post to furnish you with a complete coverage and review of this hybrid women bicycle in order for you to make an informed decision that will give you value for your every coin spent on this bike. As this review advances towards its finish, we are going to take a comprehensive examination of the following main areas that comprise this hybrid bike: the salient features of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike; the benefits and advantages of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike; the pros of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike; the cons of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike; the missing links of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike and; the final take on Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike.
Salient product features of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike
Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike is a wealthy women bike that is crafted with awesome features that facilitate the bike’s benefits to female bikers. It is the features of this lady bike that enable it to confer to women cyclists every benefit that is desired by modern women. The list below captures some of the features that will make it possible to book yourself a place among thousands of happy women who are using this bike.
- The size of the bike is 16
- The frame of the bike is the Schwinn classic lightweight cruiser
- The bike is fitted with an SRAM MRX Grip shift that enable you to control and change the gears without hassles
- The bike has 7 speeds so that you can comfortably use it in both flat and hilly places
- The bike’s bottom bracket is sealed with the ball BB system
- The crank of the bike is fitted with Schwinn 1-piece, 46T sprocket
- The chain of the bike is KMC Z-50
- The bike’s spokes are 14G UCP
- The rims of the bike is an alloy 36H
- The bike’s pedals are rubber block
- The hubs of the bike are QR alloy 36H
- The tires of the bike are Schwinn 700 x 35c
- The bike is fitted with alloy linear pull brakes for enhanced safety and control
- The brake levers on the bike are alloy twist-shifter-compatible 4 finger
- The headset of the bike is 1-inch and it is threaded
- The handlebar of the machine is a swept-back cruiser
- The stem of the bike is Schwinn cruiser alloy
- The bike is fitted with a Schwinn classic paddled dual spring saddle
- The grips of this bike are Vinyl-stitched cruiser grip
- The seat post of the bike is Chrome 25.4 mm steel
- The bike weighs 44 pounds
- It comes with a rear rack to help you carry your stuff easily
- The bike also comes with a bell that helps you to enhance the safety of other road users
- The bike has a quick release front wheel and seat
- The bike comes with a Schwinn chain guard
- The bike also comes with an alloy kickstand
- It has a clear-coated paint and graphics
Benefits and advantages of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike
Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike is designed and fortified with a wide range of outstanding benefits and advantages that many women yearn for. Each one of these immense benefits is a result of the features that Schwinn intentionally incorporated into this women bike. The remaining parts of this section will give us a complete coverage of some of these benefits and advantages.
- It has a strong steel frame that makes it durable
- It is fitted with seven speeds and this makes it a good companion to scale steep and hilly terrains so that you don’t need to keep getting off the bike because of hilly terrains
- It is fitted with pull brakes that ensure you maintain a greater control over the bike in the event of emergency and hence keeping you and other road users safe during such events
- It is equipped with SRAM twist shifter that makes it very easy to shift the gears so that you can enjoy greater speeds
- It is fitted with metal fenders which ensure that you don’t get muddy as you ride
- It is fitted with a metal rear rack that gives you better storage for your stuff
- It comes with a bell that ensures you are able to alert other road users who are ahead of you
- It is fitted with a quick release, front wheel and seat, a feature that is usually a standard preserve of high-end bikes
- The seat has springs which act as shock absorbers
Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike is designed with a cluster of pros that endear it to many women. The remaining parts of this section are devoted to the outlining of the pros of this lady bicycle.
- It is a great entry level bike for beginners since it comes at a very affordable price
- It is fitted with strong handlebars that enable you to have a great ride
- The bike has seven speeds and this makes it a good machine to help you ride on flat and hilly roads, hence you don’t need to keep alighting when you approach hilly terrains
- It is equipped with pull brakes that ensure you get a greater control over the bike in the face of emergencies so that you can avoid unnecessary accidents
- It comes with fenders so that you can continue enjoying your riding in rainy days without fear of being splashed with mud
The cons of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike
After taking a comprehensive look at the features, pros and benefits of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike , the time is ripe for us to critically examine the other side of the bicycle. Continue reading the remaining parts of this section so that you can understand some of the weaknesses of this bicycle.
- The fenders of the bike are not very strong because they are designed from weak metal material
- It is very challenging to assemble the bike for a beginner and for women users in general. Most female users end up resorting to the nearest bike shop so as to get the bike assembled for them before they can start using it
- It is fitted with easy release, front wheels and seat, but this feature can be a very good incentive for thieves unless you invest in a very strong locking system if you will be packing it in an open place away from your eye supervision
- The saddle of the bike is not very comfortable and hence it is not suitable for long distance riding unless you replace the saddle with a more comfortable one
- The bike is a bit heavy compared to other models in the same category
After going through a protracted analysis and description of the decent and the awesome benefits of this hybrid bike, it is only beneficial for the target-customer for us to take a small diversion and take a critical examination of some of the few missing links that are evident in the bike. But to create a balance, these missing links are not in any way an indication that this hybrid women’s bike deserves to be discarded or disposed of.
The only reason why we are critically and objectively examining these missing links is to allow you to comprehend that the bicycle has weaknesses and they can be resolved in order to continue using your bicycle. After understanding the best way of resolving these missing links, you are free to proceed and enjoy every benefit and advantage that we have covered from the beginning of this post.
- The saddle of this women’s bike is not very comfortable to use for long distance cruises. But this issue can be resolved if you spend a few coins and replace the saddle with another one that is more comfortable
- Even though the bike has an easy release seat and front wheels, this feature can make the bike to become a very good target for thieves. To avoid the possibility of theft, make sure that you buy a strong lock to keep the bike safe every time you pack it away from your view
- Another shortcoming and missing link of this bike is that it is a little bit hectic to assemble it especially if you are a rookie. Moreover, it is also challenging for most female users who are not naturally wired to do greasy mechanical jobs. However, you can get over this challenge by taking the bike to the nearest bike shop and get it assembled; you can get the services of a male friend or relative and if you have the guts, you can consult online instructional videos and do the assembling yourself.
The final take on Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike
Up to this point, we have taken a thorough look at every aspect of Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike. Moreover, we have also had an objective and fair examination of all the features of this hybrid lady bike and we are now better placed to make an accurate and deserving verdict concerning this bike. Beginning with the good and positive aspects of the bicycle, the lady machine is an elegant and esthetically rich solution that enables many women cyclists to harvest impressive benefits that befit every coin that they spend on this bike.
As we bring down the curtain on this review, it is only a fair gesture to recommend Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike as a perfect choice for every modern woman who wants either to join the world of cycling or make a shift to this particular hybrid bike model. Even though it may not be feted as the best women hybrid bicycle there is out there, it is a worthwhile option for ladies who are seeking to strike a balance between an affordable bike and decent quality that gratifies their cycling desires. Lastly, Schwinn Wayfarer Women’s Hybrid Bike is a decent bridge to cross over to the other side of more sophisticated bikes inside or outside the Schwinn family. Click here to check out this bike.