When Schwinn determined to design this male bike by the name Prelude Road Bike, it had in mind a machine and mobility tool that was suitable for hard working commuting as well as taking part in road racing activities. This is because Schwinn has been in the bike manufacturing industry for more than five decades and it understands the biking needs of the modern man. With the launching of this model, the manufacturer had in mind a decent bike that can give you an entry into the world of road racing bikes at a very affordable price yet without compromising on the quality of service that you get out of the road bike.
This bike is a multipurpose machine that is designed and endowed with very commendable features that will give you the momentum to keep climbing higher in the world of road bikes. This means that after you have tasted the services and benefits of this model, you will have no other option but to desire the next higher level.
The men’s road bike is a beautiful combination of strong and lightweight aluminum drop bar frame and Shimano Drivetrain and shifters that give you the ability to easily achieve reach high speeds. In addition, the road bike’s double derailleur is built to enable you have a smooth chain transition as you change gears.
Aside, the bike’s 700c alloy rims are designed with quick release hubs that are conjoined with 700c x 25c road tires. In matters relating to shock absorption, the bike has Schwinn forks that ensure you will still be able to enjoy your riding experience without having to worry about imperfect road surfaces.
It is because of the issues introduced above that this article seeks to give you a thorough examination and review of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike so that you can make a well informed choice that will give you value for your money. As this review continues to unfold, we are going to take an in-depth examination of the following dimensions of the bike: the salient features of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike; the benefits and advantages of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike; the pros of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike; the cons of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike; the missing links of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike and; the final take on Schwinn Prelude Road Bike.
Salient product features of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike
Schwinn Prelude Road Bike is a rich road bike that is designed with great features that facilitate the enjoyment of its benefits by road bike lovers. The list below is going to furnish you with a thorough analysis of the salient features of this men’s road bike.
- The bike is designed with an aluminum road frame that is lightweight and customized for quick and agile riding
- It is fitted with Schwinn forks that absorb all forms of shocks resulting from imperfect road surfaces
- The bike is fitted with Schwinn road bars so as to give you multiple hand positions as you ride
- It is fitted with Shimano A050 road shifters so that you can be able to change the gears faster
- It is also fitted with an alloy dual caliper brakes that facilitate proper and precise braking
- The bike has 14 speeds that are empowered by Shimano rear derailleur so that you can enjoy faster gear shifting
- This bike is fitted with a qualitative Schwinn saddle that makes riding enjoyable
- It is fitted with light and string alloy rims so as to contribute to the overall agility and swiftness of the machine
- The bike has drop handlebars that allow you to enjoy forward leaning riding position so that you can enjoy the high speed levels that the bike offers you
- The frame of the bike is coated with aluminum powder so that to protect the bike from erosive components while giving the bike a shiny and glowing appearance
- The aluminum frame of the bike is resistant to dust and it does not rust as quickly as other bike frames. This means that you can use the bike in very wet conditions without needing to worry about rust
- In matters of adjustment, the bike is designed with a flexible and adjustable handlebar that enables you to change the position so as to suit your personal height and needs as you enjoy your riding experience
- The bike is designed with a black chain (KMC Z-51) that enables you to have a smooth ride without needing to expend much effort
- The pedals of the bike are fitted with a toe clip and strap so as to give you better grip as you ride
- The bike comes fitted with a kickstand
Schwinn Prelude Road Bike is the road bike that is loaded and endowed with a cluster of benefits and advantages. These many benefits are as a result of the key and unique features that the Schwinn deliberately deposited inside this road bike. The list below gives you a complete coverage of some of these benefits and advantages.
- The bike is really a “man’s thing”, designed with all the need of men in mind
- It is the best starting point for male bikers who want to launch into the world of road bikes
- It is one of the most affordable yet qualitative starter bikes in the market
- The bike is fitted with a very wide range of gear options to choose from
- The bike has a very smooth and effective gear shifting system
- The bike is suitable for a wide variety of uses ranging from road biking to daily commuting
- The bike has such an awesome and esthetically rich design
- The bike has a perfect mix of lightness and strength
- It is fitted with an adjustable handlebar and saddle that enables users to modify the bike in accordance with their height
- It is a very durable bike
- Given the amount and quality of features that it has, the bike is a big over bargain given the fact that it comes at an very affordable price
- It offers you a very smooth and comfortable riding of rough road surfaces due to the Schwinn road fork that helps in the absorption of shock
- The bike offers you a very comfortable grip due to its drop handlebars
- It is fitted with a very comfortable and adjustable saddle
- It has a slick paint that protects the frame form erosion and easy rusting so that it can maintain its integrity and luster for long
- It is fitted with a super performance Shimano drive train
- It comes fitted with a kickstand
- It is fitted with A050 Shimano shifters so that you can be able to enjoy faster gear shifting
- It is very easy to assemble the bike
The pros of Schwinn Prelude Road Bike
Schwinn Prelude Road Bike is loaded and fitted with many pros and commendable strengths that set it apart from and ahead of many competing brands in the market. Listed below are some of the pros of this road race bicycle.
- The bike is a very good starting point for male bikers who want to have their fair share of road bikes
- The road bike is one of the most affordable yet qualitative starter bikes in the market
- It is fitted with a very wide range of gear options to choose from
- It is fitted with a very smooth and effective gear shifting system
- The bike is designed to meet different user needs that range from road biking to daily commuting
- It has such a wonderful and esthetically appealing design and outlook
- The bike strikes a perfect balance between lightness and strength, offering you greater durability
- The bike is equipped with an adjustable handlebar and saddle that allows you to modify it so as to suit your stature
- It is very easy to assemble the bike
Up to this far, we have examined all the strengths and benefits that are found in this road bike. We have taken a comprehensive look at the salient features, pros and benefits of this starter road bike. At this juncture, it is now time that we have a critical examination of the other side of the coin and look at some of the flaws that are found in this road bike.
That is why this section is entirely committed to taking a balanced and objective examination of some these shortcomings so that you can make a smart and beneficial decision that has balance and a strong basis in clear and established facts. So, keep on reading the remaining paragraphs below so that you can understand what you need to expect and how to make all the necessary adjustments and adaptations to live with these cons as you move forward to higher levels of road bikes.
- This road bike is designed with coaster brakes. This can lead to unusual problems when handling emergency braking situations by riders who are not used to these kinds of brakes. This means that you need some time to get oriented to this kind of braking system before you can begin using it in situations that may demand emergency braking.
- Another con that this bike has is that its brakes wear out faster than those of other bike and hence they require regular replacement
- Its pedal frames are a bit larger
- The bike has a single frame size
- Unless you adjust them, the handlebars and saddle may be problematic for users who are below the default height level of 5.7 feet
- The bike requires heavier and more regular maintenance compared to other road bikes within its category
Filling the missing links in Schwinn Prelude Road Bike
After having taken a thorough look at the different benefits and strengths of this bike, it is very necessary for us to take a slight diversion and take an objective examination of the few shortcomings that this road bike has. However, these missing links are not in any way an indication that this training bike has to be discarded or cast to the garbage heap.
The main reason behind us taking this critical and objective analysis of these missing links is to enable you to understand that the bike has its own load of flaws that can be remedied as you continue moving forward towards a higher level of road bikes. It is after you have understood how to fix and manage these few missing links that you can move on and enjoy all the benefits and advantages that we have covered in the preceding sections of this review.
- The handlebar and saddle can be uncomfortable and a bit problematic for men and women of shorter stature. But the good side of this challenge is that the bike is totally adjustable and you can customize the handlebar and saddle so that you can get the most ideal height that suits your needs.
- The bike does not contain a place where you can put your water bottle. This challenge can be fixed by carrying your water in your backpack so that you can conveniently access your water bottle
The final take on Schwinn Prelude Road Bike
To this far, we have had a comprehensive examination of all the aspects, features, benefits and even cons of this road bike. After all the above has been put into proper perspective, it is logical and fair to deduce that this is an ideal starter bike for road bike lovers. Moreover, the bike gives you a very great value for your money given that it gives you access to benefits and features that are beyond its price range. Click here to check out this bike.