Cycling is one of those exercise regimes that has been encouraged over the years, but the need to get ahead in life, business and career wise has made it increasingly difficult to include cycling in our daily exercise routines. This is where exercise bikes come in.
Exercise bikes have made it possible for most cyclist enthusiasts, with little to no time to spare, to enjoy cardio and general body workout. Thanks to exercise bikes, there is no need for making your way to the gym to have that workout you have been “meaning” to have. Plus, there is no need to spend some money so as to enroll in a gym. Beginners also have something to enjoy with exercise bikes. It is not as demanding as outdoor biking so it makes it easy for any beginner to enjoy. Unlike outdoor biking, exercise bikes allow workouts despite the weather. Whether it’s raining or snowing you can still enjoy your exercise time.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne exercise Bike is one of the great exercise brands Schwinn has unveiled in the market. This machine is among the best options for those looking to enjoy a great workout in the comfort of their homes. The bike comes at an affordable price too, which makes it accessible and cheaper compared to most gym memberships.
The frame that makes up this bike is not only strong, but it also comes with a competitive warranty. The inclusion of a monitor that helps you to keep track of your progress, including your heart rate, speed and calories. These are but some of the features of the Schwinn AD6 Exercise bike. This article aims to discuss this bike in 6 parts: the specs and features of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike; the benefits and advantages of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike; the pros of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike; the cons of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike; the missing links of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike and; the final take on Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike.
The specs and features of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
Like any other product the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise has been designed with an array of features tailor made to meet the exercise needs of many cyclists. These features work together and makes the workout experience worthwhile and beneficial to those who are not that eager to face the daily hustles of going to the gym every day. The individual features are great, but together they make this bike a great competitor in the exercise world. This section of the review is all about those specs and features in depth.
- The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike comes fitted with a plastic air fan that provides infinite resistance for your workout and a cooling effect for your bike as well as during a workout.
- As part of monitoring the workout, the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike comes with a wireless heart rate monitor. The bike comes with an LCD monitor that helps you keep track of your workout progress. It displays: your heart rate, the speed, RPM, distance, watts, calories among other useful information.
- To help you work out on your upper body and not just the lower side the bike is fitted with oscillating handle bars for the sake of your upper body.
- The bike comes with padded seats that make it comfortable for the rider to enjoy a comfortable workout.
- The bike is also fitted with foot straps which offers more control and stability when you are peddling.
- It is fitted with 4 levelers so that the bike is stable during workouts
- There are also wheels to help you easily move the bike when it’s not in use.
- There is also a water bottle holder to help you keep hydrated when you are working out.
- Though purchased separately, this bike comes with a reading rack and wind screen.
When it comes to benefits the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike does not disappoint. These benefits make this exercise bike one to take seriously. The manufacturers had the consumer in mind when coming up with the design of this bike if the benefits are anything to go by. The list below describes in detail some of the most outstanding benefits of this exercise bike.
- The bike can be assembled easily by following the assembly instructions appropriately. As far as exercise bikes go this is one of the most affordable bikes in the market with a very low price so that anyone can afford it. Not only is it cheap to purchase but it can be purchased for home use ruling out the need to enroll in your local gym.
- Thanks to the wheels the bike is portable and can be easily moved when it is not in use or when you need space for something else.
- Another benefit is the air resistance fan, which makes the workout infinite. The harder you pedal the more the resistance so you have no end to the challenge as you continue working out.
- The bike provides a cooling effect as it is fitted with a fan that cools the bike and the user as the workout is in progress.
- Also the bike is very comfortable because it is fitted with padded saddles that is ergonomically designed.
- The bike can help you monitor the progress you make as you work out thanks to the console. You can monitor the calories you have lost; know the distance you have made; keep track of your heart beats; the speed you are on among other vital information.
- For an avid reader you can enjoy your passion of reading thanks to the reading rack. You can pace the book on the rack and read while working out.
- Storage is ample, especially for water bottle thanks to the water bottle holder.
- Since the workout is generally silent, which means you can watch TV or listen to your favorite music while you are on the bike.
- Apart from the lower body exercise you receive while peddling, the upper body is not left out. The bike comes with oscillating handle bars which makes it easy to work on the upper body if you have the desire to.
- The pedals are self-balancing which makes it easy to stay stable and in control while you are working out.
- Since there is no programed workout regimen the bike is best for beginners. You work at your own pace and there is no risk of hurting joints or any other body part.
Pros of Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike is an exercise tool which does not disappoint as it comes with a number of pros meant to impress even the most skeptic of all. The next part of this review focuses on the pros of Schwinn exercise bike.
- One of the most notable pros is the infinite resistance which beats some of the exercise bikes which are limited to the programed workouts.
- Another pro is the fact that the bike is portable so that you can move it from one room to another or to a storage space when you need to thanks to the wheels on the bike.
- The bike comes with a variety of warranties: 15 years for the frame, 3 years for the parts, 2 years for electrical and 6 months for the labor. What this says about this bike is that is virtually indestructible.
- To add to the list of pros is the fact that it is very comfortable to use this bike. The handle bars are in a great position and the saddle is well padded for a comfortable workout session. The air fan does more than cool the bike as it also offers a cool workout session.
- The four levelers offer stability to the bike no matter how vigorous the workout, the bike is stable enough.
- The price tag is also something to smile about. The Schwinn AD6 exercise bike is more affordable than most exercise bikes of its caliber.
- This bike can accommodate users of up to 300 pounds, which is quite impressive.
- Another pro is the accommodating nature of the bike. It does not matter how experienced you are on exercise bikes; it can be used by anyone.
The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike is a great bike with great features that has a lot to offer for anyone who wants to have an exercise regime at home. However, this does not mean that the bike is devoid of flaws. Just like most bikes there are stuff about this bike that takes away from the overall hype. So far it has been about the neat specs and features of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike and how they bring about the benefits, advantages and pros. The other side of the fence is not as green though that does not mean that the bike does not deserve to be given the praise it has been receiving. The reason for focusing on these cons is to give a realistic view of the bike. The following paragraph focuses on the disadvantages and cons of the bike. Read on and get a better understanding of your purchase needs.
- Though the bike has wheels for mobility’s sake it can be very difficult to move it over a carpeted area.
- Another con to the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike is the lack of a backlit console. This is a problem for those with a poorly lit room or when it is dark as you cannot read the contents on the monitor.
- Unfortunately, this bike does not come with any entertainment feature so you have to cater for your own entertainment.
- If you are a user with more than 300 pounds, then you are going to look for an alternative as this bike can support only up to 300 lbs.
- There are no programmed workouts for those who have a preference to continue with the training after taking a break This means you cannot pick up from where you left.
- Some of the features such as the reading rack and the heart rate strap have to be bought separately, which means it is an extra expense on the buyer.
- The seats are not adjustable so you cannot move closer to the handle bars when you want to. This can be quite restrictive for shorter users.
Missing links to Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
Apart from all the goodies that have been discussed above, there are a number of flaws that are part of this important workout tool. These flaws also known as the missing links are some of the negativities that can be easily fixed at home. This is just for your information and should not be taken as a way to dismiss the productivity of this exercise bike. The following are some of the missing tools you are likely to encounter at the purchase of this bike.
- Thought the seats are padded heavily, if you spend all of time on the seat you end up numb. This can however be fixed by simply placing cushions on the seat before you start the workout.
- It is difficult to work on the lower body without involving the upper body. To work around that you can keep your hands off the handle bars.
The final take on Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike is worth every penny. It offers a great workout for the home and even commercially. The price is great and the features are even better. From the infinite workout options to the comfortable seats you can never go wrong. Make a purchase today and get to enjoy the great advantages and benefits. Click here to check out this exercise bike.