Your ability to ride in the night is one of the things you will need from time to time as an amateur or professional cyclist. But that ability needs to be accompanied with a lighting solution that is well developed and suited for that function. The NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light is one of those solutions that will enable you to ride through the dark when the night falls or when you are facing foggy weather that limits your visibility.
The NiteRider Pro 1800 LED Race Light is one of the lighting options that ensure that you get sufficient light that pierces through pitch darkness that sets in after dusk. It allows you to continue riding with the same intensity of illumination that you would have enjoyed during the day.
The Pro 1800 is a great blending of light weight and solid construction that helps you to avoid the unnecessary weight of numerous lights on your bike. You can now continue with your cycling speed without being distracted due to the need to reduce your speed in reaction to reduced visibility. The lighting is designed with CREE LED bulbs that create a bright light beam that allows it to burn without excessive heating that can reduce its battery life.
Additionally, the light is designed with four settings that allow you to use it in low, walk, medium, and high modes. These two modes will determine the amount of time the light will last. For instance, the light will serve you for 1.30 hours if it is lighting at 1800 lumens, 3 hours if it is lighting at 700 lumens, and 6 hours if it is burning at 400 lumens.
The lamp allows you to use it on the bars and helmet, and it offers you easy adjustment across various terrains. Its eight-step fuel gauge lets you know how much of the battery life has been exhausted hence you have enough time to prepare for the change of battery. The NiteRider Pro 1800 comes with an AC adapter, a handlebar mount, a cable extension, and a helmet mount.
Other features of the light are its ability to come to full charge after a mere 4.5 hours and its light weight given that it weighs a 435g only. The illuminator is also a compatible and useful choice for professional riders and amateurs unless they are in an emergency situation that requires haste.
The remaining sections of this review are going to furnish you with full information about the NiteRider Pro. We shall take an in-depth look at the features, benefits and advantages, pros, cons, missing links, and our final take on this lighting device. At the end of the day, you will be better placed to know how this device will benefit and enhance your cycling experience and make a decision that will give you real value for your money. Keep on reading to learn more.
The Salient Features of NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light
The NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light is rich in features that are designed to enable you to benefit from its usage. This section seeks to explore these features in depth, and some of them are explained further below.
- The race light is light given that it weighs a mere 435 grams, and it does not add extra weight to your riding experience
- Compact single beam design
- Rugged design for all intended to help you navigate through all MTB conditions
- Handlebar or helmet mount option that gives you the freedom to choose where to install the light when you are in different cycling conditions
- The device comes with an FL 1 standard IP64, and it is water resistant
- It is designed with a switch at its top so that you can adjust the intensity of light with ease and faster
- The light comes with different lighting levels that range between 80 and 1800 lumens so that you can choose what is best for your lighting needs
- It is fitted with a flashing mode that alerts other road users of your presence
- The light has a run capacity of up to 13 hours
- It is fitted with an eight-step gauge on its top that alerts you of the remaining life of the battery based on the lighting mode you are using
- The light comes with a generous 2-year manufacturer’s warranty that gives you a fall-back to which you can resort so that you can enjoy a cushioning in the face of dissatisfaction
The NiteRider has many advantages and benefits that you can enjoy as a rider after the sun has set. This section is dedicated to the exploration of some of the benefits and pros of this race light.
- An excellent lighting beam: One of the biggest benefits of this device is that offers you excellent lighting that is beyond what you can get from most of the other models within the same price range.
- Brightness: The second benefit of this lighting device is that it provides you with one of the biggest intensity ranges. You can enjoy a maximum light beam of up to 172 meters, which makes it twice more effective than an average race bulb.Such a range allows you to see the path ahead of you clearly and you can also sense hidden dangers on the road and avoid them early enough.
- Portability: Another benefit of this light is that it is light enough to be mounted on your handlebar or helmet. It may not be the lightest model on the market, but it is worth taking time to mount it given the superior quality of lighting you will enjoy at the end of the journey
- A durable and strong performer: This product is one of the few solutions that have been tested and proven to be top performers. In addition, it is durable, and hence it offers you long-term value for your hard-earned money
- Good for professionals and amateurs: Another benefit of the bulb is that it is suitable for all types of professional and amateur riders
- A generous warranty: The light comes with a generous 2-year warranty from the manufacturer. Such a gesture ensures that you have long-term value for your money due to the availability of a fall-back that cushions you in the face of anything negative
The Pros of NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light
The pros of this lighting solution are many. This section endeavors to share with you some of them.
- A better choice above the cheap: The NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light is one of the few models on the market today that will save you the hassles and mediocrity of cheap biking lamps that have flooded the market. It comes fitted with a superior handlebar and helmet which make it easier to manage it
- A better indicator: The lamp comes with an excellent battery monitor that enables you to know when the light is running out of charge
- Superior brightness and lighting range: Another pro of this lamp is that it offers you a wider lighting range compared to its rivals. You can enjoy bright illumination for as long as 172 meters
- Universal suitability: The lamp is also suitable for users that cut across the professional and amateur divides
- A cushioning for dissatisfaction: Another pro of this bulb is that it offers you a cushioning for your hard-earned money in cases where you have encountered difficulties with it. You can now enjoy a non-conditional 24-month warranty from the manufacturer
- Durable: Another key advantage of this lamp is that it is durable and in the process of being so, it allows you to enjoy long-term value for your money because you can use it for longer period of time
- A great performer: Another undeniable mark of this device is that it both performs and outperforms the competing brands within its category and price range
- Portability: The bulb is a good blending of excellent performance and portability that allows you to comfortably carry it on your bike as you cruise through the dark
The Cons of NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light
Even though the race lamp has excellent features and benefits, it also has its share of shortcomings. However, the presence of such weaknesses is not an indication that it is a bad product, but on the contrary, it simply means that there is room for improvement. This section is dedicated to showing you some of these cons so that you can know how to live with the lamp while focusing on and leveraging its strengths and benefits.
It is not the lightest: one of the few weaknesses that some users have complained about is that it is not the lightest racing bulb on the market today. However, the extra weight it comes with is canceled by the superior performance it has over its lighter competitors within its category
A longer installation time: Another con of the lamp is that compared to its counterparts, it takes a bit longer to install it. However, this difference in installation time is not in the ranges of abnormality where for instance an average bulb takes 5 minutes while it takes an hour to install. On the contrary, the length of setup time is later appreciated when you enjoy superior security in the dark, especially if you are commuting for longer distances
A bit larger: The lamp is a bit larger compared to its competitors, but its large size does not affect its performance
The connectors are not excellent: The bulb has a round-shaped connectors which will make you take some time trying and erring in the process of plugging it in.
The run time on high mode is shorter: The run time on high mode is only 90 minutes, and hence it may not be the best bet for someone who may want to travel longer under poorly lit conditions
The NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light is a great lighting performer, and it has many positive features that you can benefit from as a biker. However, it has a few missing links, and this section of our review is intended to help you know them and the simple solutions you can employ to deal with them so that you can continue enjoying the product. Keep on reading below so that you can learn what you need to expect as you make up your mind to buy this illuminating solution.
- A longer installation time: One of the missing links of this lamp is that it takes a bit longer to install it before you can start enjoying its light. However, the difference in installation time is not something that needs to be lamented. The reason here is that it helps in offering you the best safety along the road, especially if you are going to ride longer. You can get over this little challenge by making sure you prepare for the installation right in time so that you don’t get late
- The run time on high mode is shorter: Another missing link that is inherent in this lamp is that if you switch it to its full throttle mode, you will use it for a mere one and a half hours. However, it is not a must you use this high mode for more than two consecutive hours because the other modes are equally bright enough to light up your path
Our Final Take on NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light
The NiteRider Pro 1800 Race Light is an excellent lighting solution that allows you to safely and swiftly enjoy your cycling moments through the darkest of nights. The bulb is suitable for use by different cyclists irrespective of whether they are professionals or amateurs. Moreover, it offers you value for money since you can get it at a reasonable price. It is also rich in excellent features and benefits, while its few shortcomings are too insignificant to deny the fact that it is a great product that we can confidently recommend. Click here to check out this bike light.