Introducing Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
Bicycles constitute one of the most popular and oldest forms of transport equipment since the dawn of the modern era of human civilization. From the time the first bike appeared on earth in the year 1817, many manufacturers have curved for themselves a niche in the lucrative bike- manufacturing industry with the intention of designing bikes for different purposes and occasions. Moreover, the bike-manufacturing industry has grown by leaps and bounds and thus giving rise to the metamorphosis of the needs, wants and tastes of bike lovers. This gradual and steady evolution has necessitated manufacturers to go back to the drawing board and come up with creative and precise ways of meeting these user needs.
One of the most powerful and lucrative market niches in the biking industry is the men’s bikes. Men are the inventors of the bike and till now they command a majority share in the bike market. This means that every serious manufacturer who does not come up with customized inventions that will meet the biking needs of the modern man is surely setting themselves for a swift downfall. This is because the trends and needs of modern male bikers are changing as time passes by. For instance, when our fathers used to buy bicycles in their days, they were simply buying mobility tools that were meant to ferry them from one place to another. But the modern men are different from their fathers because they are buying bikes with other underlying motives beyond just transportation. For instance, a bike is a “statement” tool for many modern men. They use it to make “statements” of personal preference, class and even status. That is why bike manufacturers are taking all these trends into consideration as they assemble these mobility tools.
One of the key players in the world of bicycle manufacturing that has been responsive to the above trends is Mongoose. Being one of the most respected household names in the bike industry, Mongoose has been a game changer in the world of men bikes and one of its favorite male models is the Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike.
Because of the above, it is the objective of this article to give you a thorough review of this great men bike by the name of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike. This review is going to give you a thorough understanding and evaluation of all the main features of this bike so that you can have an advantageous ground of comprehension prior to making up your mind to buy this great men bike. Once you go through this review to the end, you will be furnished with all the necessary info that will navigate you into making an informed and favorable decision that deserves every bit of your money, energy and time. As the review progresses, we shall cover the keys areas that are highlighted below as follows: the main features of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike; the main advantages and benefits of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike; the main pros of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire bike; the main cons of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike; the main missing links of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike and; the final verdict on Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike.
Salient features of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike is endowed and designed with rich features that ensure that every male rider enjoys their riding experience with the bike. Just as it is the primary characteristic of every product, it is the features of this bike that enable it to have and confer to male riders all the wonderful benefits that it is endowed with. Below is a comprehensive list of these outstanding features that will enable you to secure for yourself a place among millions of happy men who are riding this bike.
- Manufacturer warranty – it comes with a general and limited 1-year warranty, 1 -year limited warranty on parts and 1 year limited warranty on labor
- Maximum product weight capacity is lb 300
- Recommended bike user age is 13 years and up
- Number of speeds is 7
- Size of wheels and tires is 26 inch x 4.25 inch and they are heavy-duty cruisers
- Bike weight is 40
- Bike rims are alloy and are designed to handle every kind of terrain
- Bike brakes are front and rear disk so that they can guarantee you greater control over the bike and hence you enjoy greater safety
- Bike frame is steel and hence it offers both strength and durability
- Bike fork is also made of steel for enhancing sturdiness
- Bike seat is padded in order to ensure that you get greater comfort
- Bike derailleur is Shimano rear
- The bike is fitted with twist shifter controls
- The bike is fitted with low-rise flat ATB(All Terrain Bike) handlebars that guarantee greater stability and comfort as you cruise through various terrains
- The bike is fitted with 3-piece crank and beach cruiser pedals that for allow easy pedaling
- The bike comes with an integrated kickstand
- Bike pedals are beach cruiser
- Bike height is 40 ”
- Bike width is 26”
- Bike length is 71”
- Bike gender is designed for men
This section of the review focuses on the main advantages and benefits of using the Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike compared to any other bike. We are going to dig through all these benefits in the successive paragraphs below.
- It is fitted with super sized 26 ” ATB tires so that you can enjoy greater stability, comfort and a wider variety of terrains to ride on
- The bike has alloy 4” wide rims that guarantee you light weight durability
- The bike is fitted with twist shifters that ensure that you can change gears easily
- The machine is fitted with 7 speeds Shimano rear derailleur that guarantee safe riding for every form of riding
- The bike’s dual disc brakes ensure that you can brake under all condition with ease
- It is fitted with a threadless headset in order to facilitate the ease of adjusting
- The bike is highly affordable and gives you value for your money
The pros of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
This section of the review covers some of the major pros of the Mongoose Malus Fat Tire bike. As the section progresses, we shall delve into all these pros that come with using this bike. Some of them are listed below in the following paragraphs.
- The bike has a very stable handling ability in all terrains. For instance, it is very easy to handle it in snow due to its massive and firm tires
- The bike is a product of a very stable and established manufacturer
- The bike is strong and stable since its frame is made of steel. This makes it more durable and hence it gives you long-term value for your money
- The bike comes with a limited 1-year warranty from the manufacturer and it covers parts and service. This gives you a fall-back to resort to just in case anything happens during that period
- It is very easy to assemble the bike
The cons of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
So far, we have explored the leading benefits and features of this bike and so far the going has been nice. However, the objective and unbiased nature of this review is focused on enabling you to make a balanced decision, we are bound to dig deeper into some of the shortcomings and weaknesses of the Mongoose Malus Fat Tire bike. Stay with this section in order to learn more.
- Though it is a good bike on average, sometimes its brakes grind and the gears get stuck when you try to shift
- Some users have complained of the front disc brake coupler breaking from the hub and stripping the threads and thus rendering the bike useless
- The bike lacks some basic features such as a bottleholder
- The bike lacks rack mounts in the back
- The number of gears the bike has are not enough for optimal steep mountain riding
- It is also fitted by some parts that are cheap
- The bike’s brakes are a bit spongy
- The bike’s calipers squeal at times
- Some of the bike’s coated metal parts rust
- Some of its nuts and bolts are low quality and they wear out when they are screwed
- It is a very bulky bike
- The bearings of the bike are poor quality
The missing links of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
All human inventions are subject to errors and weaknesses because their inventors are also subject to shortcomings and hence Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike is also subject to its own share of missing links. This section is devoted to the examination of some of the missing links in this bike and the possible solutions that can be applied in order to continue enjoying the benefits that the bike offers you. However, these missing links are not meant to erase the fact that Mongoose Malus fat Tire Bike is a good bicycle. On the contrary, they are opportunities for the manufacturer to improve their product.
- The bike’s grip shifters may at times be a challenge for some users to adapt to especially those who are used to thumb shifters. However, this is a small teething problem that goes away with time and exercise
- It has too many stickers that some users find unnecessary. However, this problem can be sorted by removing the unnecessary stickers
The final verdict on Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike
After taking long twists and turns through the features, benefits and advantages, pros ,cons and missing links in the of Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike , it is now high time for us to bring an end to our comprehensive review. To this far, we already have sufficient raw material available to come up with an unbiased and objective conclusion in regard to whether this is a machine deserving your money and consideration or not.
To start us off, we take a closer look at the magnanimous and great features that are embedded in this male bike, we don’t have any compelling reason to cast any reasonable doubt the ability of this bike to perform as expected.
Second, the degree of benefits that this bike bestows upon male riders is highly commendable. . Another point of consideration is that the bike is fitted with very commendable features.The Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike offers riders a great value for their hard-earned money since it comes with a general and limited 1-year warranty from the manufacturer covering parts and service. This means that you will always have a safe fall-back to resort to in case anything happens.
In addition, the bike enjoys very high popularity and approval ratings among its male users who give it an average 4-star approval rating out of a possible 5-star rating. Another commendable thing about this bike is that it complies with all the basic safety requirements for road usage because it has a stronger handling power and a strong braking system that works well on most terrains band road surfaces.
Taking all the above facts into consideration, it is a deserved and genuine gesture to conclude that Mongoose Malus Fat Tire Bike is a great bike in spite the few manageable shortcomings that it has. If you are looking for a string ATB bike and yet you are under some budget constraints, you can be sure that this bike will get you on the list of happy ATB bike owners. Click here to check out this bike.