Do you need a real male bike that is designed with a “beasty” nature and performance? If your answer is an affirmative “Yes,” you need to consider the Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike. This little “beast” is one of the favorite and most affordable entry level fat tire bikes that enable you to traverse various riding terrains.
The wide tires the bicycle has been designed to withstand the roughness of mountain and beach landscapes. The aluminum/steel frame the bike has, gives it a perfect balance between lightness and durability. The matter of durability is vital because you will be using it during off-road and on-road cycling expeditions and adventures.
The bike’s 26″ by 4″ fat tires ensure that you enjoy greater stability when riding across different landscapes. Moreover, the tires’ extra width helps you to handle bumps and obstacles on the roads effectively. In matters safety, the bicycle has dual disc brakes that ensure that you stop the bicycle safely, even in wet and risky conditions. Its front and rear disc brakes work excellently as long as you align and adjust them properly. The bike also has a height that makes it suitable for men of different heights. Its bigger weight is also an advantage for users with more weight.
The seven gears the bike has made it easier to conquer hills and other surfaces because its derailleur works well with twist shifters to give you greater control over the gears. Moreover, it is very easy to assemble the bike. You only need to make a few tweaks here and there on the brakes and other few components and you are set for your first ride. The remaining sections of this review will give you a deeper analysis of this bicycle’s features, benefits, pros, cons, missing links, and our final verdict on it. Keep on reading to learn more.
The Features of Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike
This little “mongoose” comes with many features that are meant to facilitate its excellent performance. Additionally, every feature it has is purposefully designed to give you an exceptional user experience as a man who loves fat tire bikes. In this section, we are going to examine some of these features and how they contribute towards the betterment of your experience as a cyclist. Continue reading to learn more.
- It is fitted with 26-inch wheels that are meant to give you better cruising on various terrains. That is why it is an ideal travel companion that carries you through different road surfaces.
- It features supersized 26×4 all-terrain knobby tires.
- Its twist shifters enable you to change gears easily. The ability to change gears quickly ensures that you attain the level of speed you need for every terrain you are cycling on.
- It has 7 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur to facilitate all types of riding. The availability of 7 speeds makes it easy for you to cruise faster, especially if you are riding on mountainous terrains.
- It is fitted with dual disc brakes that give you an all-condition braking functionality. The ability to stop the bike in all conditions makes possible for you to remain safe because you can control it in the face of emergency irrespective of the conditions you are riding in.
- It has a 3-piece crank and great gear shifting capability.
- It is constructed with a Threadless headset that is intended to give you a greater level of adjustability and light weight.
- The little “beast” has a strong aluminum/steel that makes it both durable and lightweight enough to control by different users.
- Its cruiser design frame is meant to give you comfortable usage and handling in both easy and difficult terrains.
- The bike’s 4-inch wide wheels are easy and convenient to grip and hold the surface, hence saving you the grisly possibility of skidding.
- It has large, thick tires that are designed to enhance traction and also make it appealing to potential buyers.
- It is fitted with beach cruiser pedals that help you to cruise the beach easily.
The Benefits of Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike is full of benefits that you can enjoy as a cyclist. The bicycle’s benefits are intended to give you value for your money and enhance your user experience. In this section, we are going to examine some of these advantages you will enjoy.
- Ease of assembly: It is very easy and fast to assemble this bike. You only need to make a few minor tweaks to the bike’s derailleur and front disk brake to start enjoying your new mobility “beast.”
- A smoother ride: Another advantage you enjoy is smooth riding due to the fat tires it comes with.
- An excellent chain functionality: Additionally, the chain of the bike is designed and positioned in an excellent manner. The chain is guided onto the front sprocket in a perfect design because it does not pop off hence if you are cycling with baggy leggings, your pants won’t get trapped in it. This feature is also a contributor to the overall safe of the bike because if your pants get caught in the chain while driving at high speed, you are most likely to fall off the bicycle.
- A great choice for heavy riders: This bike is heavy because it is not designed for cycling competition. Its greater weight makes it an ideal selection for big and heavy users.
- It is an affordable option: Affordability is another benefit that is embedded in this bike from the time you purchase it. This model is one of the qualitative fat tire machines that you can buy at a very low price without compromising on quality.
- Enhanced stability: The bike is also designed to give you greater stability compared to other bikes with smaller tires retailing within the same price range. The availability of fat tires makes this benefit a possibility.
- A stable braking system: The bike also boasts of a stable braking system. The stability of its brakes means that you will enjoy greater levels of safety because you are in control of the bike even in the face of emergency.
- Suited for various environments: The little “beast” is a multipurpose mobility tool. You can use it to cruise through different geographical environments ranging from beach sand to the hills. This capability makes it a suitable option for traversing even the most challenging terrains.
- An easy-to-use frame and handlebar: The bike also comes with a frame and handlebar that is easy to use and handle.
The little two-wheeled “beast” has many pros that will always keep you looking forward to the next riding expedition. This section of our review will discuss some of them in detail.
- Enhanced safety: With this mongoose, you don’t need to ride with safety question marks in your mind. The reason here is that it is fitted with a stable braking system that keeps you in charge of the machine as you ride. You can still keep the bicycle in check even in the face of emergency hence safeguarding your safety and that of other road users.
- Suitable for different terrains: The mongoose is also created with a multiplicity of terrains in mind. It can give you a perfect performance across different geographic locations such as sand and mountains.
- A user-friendly frame and handlebar: The “beast” is built with a frame and handlebar that is friendly to use.
- Designed for different users: The bicycle is constructed to suit and accommodate riders with various weights. Its greater weight makes it an excellent choice for those riders blest with a heavy biological frame.
- It is cost-effective: What is more beautiful about this bike is that all the benefits and pros we have discussed so far don’t require you to spend a whole fortune to get them. You can make all of them yours for a reasonable price.
- A stable machine: This rugged mongoose is fitted with wide tires. The inclusion of wide tires into the bike’s construction makes it more stable to ride and handle.
- Easy to assemble: Another pro of this bike is that it is easy to set it up. You don’t need any prior assembling experience to assemble it. All you have to do is to tweak the derailleur and front disk brake.
- A secure chain system: A loose and unstable chain system is one of the components that can compromise your safety as you ride. For instance, if the chain traps your pants, you are most likely to fall off the bicycle. This machine is constructed with a chain that doesn’t trap your pants’ hem.
The Cons of Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike
But despite all the beautiful features, benefits, and pros we have seen in the previous sections, the mongoose still has its own share of weaknesses. In this section, we shall examine some of them so that you can have realistic expectations of the machine. I also need you to understand that most of these shortcomings are common with most other models within this price range. Keep reading to learn more about what lies on the other side of the coin.
- You will need to tune the brakes: Before you can enjoy your “beast,” you will need to remove the brakes, tune them, and then add some washer to the mount. However, this is not an exceptional requirement because other bikes also require the same process before you begin using them.
- The bottom bracket is not stable: The bike’s bottom bracket starts wobbling after some time and may need replacement.
- Smelly tires: Some customers have complained about the stench the tires of bike produce. If you are a person who hates the strong smell, you may need to store it away from your office in a far room.
- A changing shifter: The bike’s shifter at times changes itself accidentally, and you may need to replace it to fix the problem.
- Noisy braking: Some users have complained about the front brake making a loud squealing noise when applying brakes.
- The bike is a bit heavy: For those who are used to pulling sprints, this machine may not be their favorite option. But this is not a serious concern because the bike was designed for cruising, and not sprinting or wining a racing competition.
Despite all the strengths that bike has, it is not a flawless tool, hence you need to be prepared to deal with some of the missing links of this bicycle. We are going to share some of the main missing links and how you can find home-grown solutions to them without discarding your little “beast.”
- The handlebar is a bit hard: The bike’s handlebar is hard, and it can give you some little numbness if you ride it for a long time. However, you can get over this little hitch by adding sponge grips to the handlebar so that you can have smooth soft handling.
- A hard saddle: The hardness of the bicycle seat is one of the common shortcomings that most users have complained about. But you can solve this problem in the following simple way: Just buy a gel seat to replace the hard one.
Our Final Take on Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike
The Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Bike is one of the best entry level bikes that are fitted with the luxurious fat tires. The bicycle is also an affordable option for anyone who is looking for decent quality without having to spend too much money on it. Additionally, it is one of the easiest bikes on the market to assemble. Regarding stability, its fat tires make it stable and easy to ride on different terrains such as mountains, roads, and sand. It has a few shortcomings such as hard seat and handlebar; but all these are nothing compared to the many benefits it offers you. That is why we strongly recommend it for anyone who wants to make entry into the world of fat tire bikes. Click here to check out this fat tire bike.