If you are seeking to delve into the world of fat tire bicycles, the Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike stands out as one of the best options on the market to usher you into that world. The bike’s price tag is very low but without a compromise on its quality. The little beast is designed to give you both off-road and on-road experience because it is suited to ride smoothly on tough surfaces such as snow, sand, and dirt. This excellent combination makes it an excellent companion to carry you around the neighborhood as you get to know how your friends and family are doing.
The bicycle is crafted for use on flat surfaces, but if you want something that you can ride faster on hilly areas, you may need to look somewhere else. The reason is that the bike is a bit heavy, and with a single speed provision, you just need to confine it to its intended purposes. However, its fat tires let you enjoy higher levels of comfort because they help to absorb the shock that you encounter as you ride on bumpy and rough surfaces.
Features of Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike
This beast has many features that are designed to promote its functionality and hence allow you to have a better user experience. The mongoose’s features also come in handy as facilitators of value for your hard-earned cash because they confer to you the benefits that are embedded in this bike. This section of our review will discuss these features in detail regarding how they benefit you as a cyclist.
- Good at absorbing shocks: One of the features of this bike is the availability of fat tires. The tires are some of the features that ensure you enjoy a comfortable ride on bumpy roads because they act as shock absorbers. That is why the bicycle is a perfect blend of performance and comfort all meshed up in one.
- Oversized tires: The bike also comes fitted with oversized tires. The extra largeness of these tires goes a long way in ensuring you enjoy greater levels of stability and traction as you cruise through the neighborhood.
- A comfortable frame: The bike is also fitted with a very comfortable frame. The comfort of this frame allows you to enjoy casual rides for a long time.
- Appropriate for different terrains: Another salient feature of this bike is that it is suitable for riding on different terrains. This versatile nature ensures you enjoy your beast anywhere without fear of losing performance. The reason here is that the bicycle is built with a cruiser design frame that allows you sufficient clearance to navigate through varying landscapes.
- An alloy 4-inch wide wheel set with coaster brake: The inclusion of this size of wheels and brake is intended to give you greater mastery and control of the bike since you can stop it safely and easily in the face of an emergency. This provision lets you enjoy greater levels of safety and also ensures the same for other road users.
- A 3-piece crank and beach cruiser pedals: This provision allows you to pedal the bike safely and swiftly through sandy beach terrains.
- An extra strong kickstand: The machine also comes with a strong kickstand that permits you to pack it easily.
The Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike has many benefits that riders can enjoy. This section will delve deeper into these benefits as you enjoy greater value for your cash. Keep on reading below to learn more.
- Ease of riding: Even though the bike is slightly heavy due to its nature and purpose, it is still easy to ride and maneuver with it.
- Easy to assemble: The bicycle is easy to assemble for those users who have a mechanical inclination or don’t mind soaking their hands in grease. For cyclists who don’t like greasing their hands, they can still take it to the nearest bike shop and get it fixed at a small fee.
- Ideal for sandy and snowy roads: This bike is a great catch for those who want to explore biking on sandy and snow-packed roads. The machine is an excellent off-road choice that does not disappoint. You can use it as a tour tool to check on your friends and family members within your vicinity.
- Supersized tires: One of the advantages you will enjoy from this bike is that it is fitted with super large tires. These tires let you enjoy a comfortable ride on bumpy surfaces because they absorb shocks. It is no wonder that this bike is an excellent mix of performance and comfort all locked up in one pack. The bike also comes fitted with extra-large tires. Moreover, the bigger size of these tires goes a long way in ensuring that you enjoy greater levels of stability and traction as you cruise through the roads and off the roads.
- A comfortable frame: The mongoose is also designed with a very comfortable frame. The comfort of this construction enables you to enjoy refreshing rides for a long time.
- Ideal for sandy and dirty roads: This bike is a great catch for anyone who wants to explore biking on sandy and dirt-filled roads. The machine is an excellent off-road choice that will let you enjoy every single mile you ride. You can use it as tour tool to check on your buddies and relatives within your neighborhood.
- Excellent shock absorption: One of the advantages that you will enjoy with this bike is that it is fitted with super large tires. These tires allow you to enjoy a comfortable ride on bumpy roads because they act as shock absorbers. It is no wonder this bike is an excellent mix of performance and comfort all locked up in one.
Pros of Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike
This little beast has many pros. In this part of the review, we are going to examine some of these pros and how they add value to your user experience.
- A comfortable construction: Riding this beast should not be a punishment you need to endure. On the contrary, it is supposed to be a comfortable experience you need to enjoy. That is why the machine comes with a comfortable frame that lets you enjoy your riding sessions.
- Suitable for varied landscapes: Another pro of this bicycle is that it is suitable for riding on different landscapes. The ability to use this bike on various terrains allows you to enjoy your riding anywhere. The reason is that the machine’s construction features a cruiser design frame that lets you have enough clearance to navigate through different terrains.
- A comfortable construction: The little “animal” also has a very comfortable frame that lets you enjoy your riding adventures for a long period. Another factor that contributes to the comfort of this bike is the inclusion of fat tires. These tires help in the absorption of shocks as you ride through the bumpy road surfaces. This way, you can enjoy comfort and excellent performance at the same time.
- Easy to ride: The other pro is the ability to ride the bike with ease. Yes, it is a heavy machine, but the stability of its frame makes it easy to ride comfortably. It is also easy to control the bike as you ride due to the inclusion of coaster brakes that allow you to control and stop it at will. The availability of such a braking system ensures your safety and that of other road users is maintained.
- Ease of assembly: The bike is also easy to assemble. If you have prior bike assembling experience or you are not allergic to soiling your hands with grease, then you can do the assembly at home.
- A great bargain: Last but not least, the bike comes at a very reasonable price. It is one of the few qualitative fat tire bikes that you will find on the market at an very affordable price.
This section of the review examines the cons of this fat tire bicycle. We are going to look at some of them below.
- It is not the best choice for tall users: Even though it is a heavy and strong machine, this bike is not the best choice for riders who are tall.
- It is not the best choice for hilly surfaces: Even though it is designed to be a great companion to ride on sand, dirt, and snow, it is not the best choice for traversing hilly areas. It is best for riding on flat areas. The reason here is that it is a really heavy machine with each of its tires weighing 6lbs.
- A small seat: Another con of this bicycle is that it has a small seat. The smallness of its saddle may prompt you to buy a replacement at an extra cost if you want to enjoy more comfortable rides.
Missing Links of Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike
Despite the many benefits and good features the mongoose has, it still has its own share of missing links that need to be addressed in the future by its manufacturer. This part of the review will explore some of the few missing links that the bike has and how you can find simple and practical solutions to them.
- The bike is heavy: This little mongoose is endowed with weight. Its weight can be challenging if you are new to it while riding on hilly landscapes. But if you are a person who exercises daily and has strong muscles, it’s easier to adapt to it.
- Small Saddle: The other missing link the bike has is that it has a smaller saddle compared to other models from its manufacturer. However, you can get over this little hitch by replacing the saddle with a bigger one.
Our Take on the Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike
The Mongoose Beast Fat Tire Bike is one of the few fat tire bikes on the market today that offers you the opportunity to enjoy the perfect blend of excellent performance and comfort. This bike is an ideal choice for cyclists who are willing to get a decent level of quality at a price that is reasonable. The bike comes with decent features that allow you to enjoy real value for your money. For instance, its fat tires are designed to help you retain your comfort level as you ride through bumpy roads. The beast is well-suited for riding on sand, dirt, and snow even though it is a great choice for flat surfaces. It is also easy to ride because its fat tires give you better traction on road surfaces and ease of control as you cruise. It also has a few weaknesses that are common with all bicycles within this particular price range. For instance, it has a smaller saddle that may require you to replace it if you want to enjoy increased comfort. Additionally, it is also best suited for short riders. But in spite of its few shortcomings, the mongoose remains the best bet for an entry level buyer who wants to get into the world of fat tire cruise bikes. That is why we recommend this bike. Click here to check out this bike.