Bikes are some of the most treasured mobility and transportation tools in the lives of men and women since the day they were invented in the 19th century. The men and women of this generation love bikes and the biking experience is one of those things that a great many of them will always love to cherish in their lives. Whether they are biking for pleasure, or commuting to work or checking out on their buddies, riding remains a necessary part in the lives of modern men and women. That is why having a model that is designed with the universal male and female needs and pleasure to focus is a step in the right direction for the success of any serious bike maker.
That is why Merax, a globally renowned giant in the bicycle manufacturing industry, designed this road bike to capture every dimension of strength, convenience, style and elegance all wrapped up in this cool machine called Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike. This is a machine that comes with beautiful features that are intended to accommodate the needs of entry level bikers who may not want or be able to spend too much money on a bike.
It is therefore the purpose of this article to give you a comprehensive coverage and review of this entry level bike so that you can make an informed decision that will give you a biking experience worth your money. As the review unfolds, we shall cover the following areas listed below as follows: the salient features of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike; the benefits and advantages of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike; the pros of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike; the cons of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike; the missing links of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike and; the final take on Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike.
Salient product features of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike is a rich machine that is designed with awesome features that facilitate its benefits for bike lovers. Just as it is the duty of every product, it is the features of this bike that ensure that it confers every benefit contained in the bike. Listed below is a thorough list of the features that will enable you to be counted among its happy users.
- Frame: 6061 heat treated aluminum
- Fork: Its suspension fork is an alloy 80 mm travel
- Shifters: Shinamo EF1 21 speed
- Wheels: Double wall aluminum rims
- Crank: Aluminum triple 42/34/24
- Front derailleur: Shinamo RD-TZ50
- Rear derailleur: FD- TZ30
- Bike brakes: Mechanical disc in front and in the rear and are made of aluminum caliper
- Pedals: The pedals are made of aluminum
- Seatpost: The bike’s seatpost is made of aluminum 31.8 M8, 60 MM
- Bike handlebar: It is made of aluminum
- Bike weight: It weighs 33 lbs
- Number of speeds: 21 speed
- Bike frame size: It is 19 inches
- Tires: Kenda 700, 28 C
- Maximum rider weight: It is capped at 330 lbs even though the recommended limit is 220
- Handlebar: D-22.2 mm and W-420 mm
- Quick release front wheel
- Assembly: The bike comes 80% assembled
- It has an aluminum kickstand
- It has a strong aluminum frame
- It has a lightweight aluminum stand
- It comes with a free pannier bag
Benefits and advantages of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
The Merax Finiss 21 speed road bike comes invested and loaded with a host of benefits and advantages. These benefits are a result of the salient features that the Merax deliberately installed inside the road bike. The list below is a comprehensive coverage of some of these benefits and advantages.
- It is made of aluminum and hence it is light enough for its road race function
- It is a unisex choice that is ideal for all
- It is made of strong aluminum frame that makes it sturdy and durable
- It has strong aluminum rims
- It has a sleek and beautiful design that gives a perfect esthetic outlook
- It is a very good and affordable option for those who are first-time entrants into the world of biking and it serves as a good placeholder for those who are looking forward to buy proper professional bikes
- It is aerodynamic in nature and hence it is highly adaptive for racing adventures
- It offers better control and speed due to its lightweight nature compared to its steel counterparts
- It comes in red and white,green and black,yellow and grey colors, hence giving you freedom to choose
- It is very easy to assemble since it comes 80% assembled. The only thing you need to do is to install the front wheel, handlebar, inflate the tires and install the pedals and then begin enjoying
The pros of Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
The Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike comes loaded with many pros. Below are some of the pros of this road bike.
- The bike is very light and hence a great choice for those who would like to venture into road biking
- The bike is assembled from strong aluminum and hence it is sturdy
- The road bike is fitted with Shimano components
- It is fitted with quick release front wheel features
- It offers you great value for money
- The bike is very easy to maintain
- It is fitted with Shimano shifter and derailleur
- It is fitted with 21 speeds
The cons ofMerax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
Well, after taking a comprehensive look at the pros, features and benefits of this road bike, it is now time that we have a critical look at the other side of the coin. Keep on reading this section to learn more.
- Plastic pedals: The first con that I will begin with is that the bike is fitted with plastic pedals that are considered weak especially for a road bike. This means that if the pedals are weak and they break down suddenly during riding, it is very easy for you to lose control of the bike and end up in a compromised situation as far as your security is concerned
- Loose handlebars: The next con and weakness of this bike is that it has a loose handlebar. It should be remembered that the handlebar is very instrumental when it comes to controlling the bike. Additionally, the handlebars are very far and pretty uncomfortable. With such a weakness, this bike remains a good choice for riders who are very keen or else if it is handled by a reckless rider or novice, it may end up compromising their safety in the face of emergency.
- Low quality brakes: This is another con and weakness of this road bike. Its brakes are of low quality and this means that in the face of any emergency the rider’s safety is compromised and this calls for extra cautious riders to use this bike
- An unstable front tire: Another charge that is placed against the road bike is that its front tire at times hits the pedal while negotiating corners. This too can be a safety issue because it compromises your ability to control the bike properly while negotiating sharp bends and also in the face of emergency where you need to dodge hitting an object or someone
- Grinding and noisy wheels: Another disadvantage of the bike is that at times the wheels have a grinding feel and noise in the hubs
- Poor quality and cheap derailleur: The bike’s derailleur is cheap and of poor quality.
- Poor saddle: The bike’s saddle is also poor in quality. The saddle wears out too soon and should be replaced
Filling the missing links in Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
After going through a long narrative of many benefits, it is necessary for us to take a little break and have an objective look at the few missing links in this road bike. However, these missing links are not an indication that this road bike needs to be rubbished or thrown away, no. The reason behind us having a critical and objective coverage of these missing links is to let you know that there are flows that can be fixed as you move on from an entry level bike towards the next level of a road bike. Once you have learned how to fix these missing links, you can go on to enjoy all the benefits and advantages that have been listed in the previous sections.
- The quick release front wheel can be a very risky feature for a reckless rider. However, the solution for this is to ride soberly and carefully
- The bike doesn’t come fully assembled and this can prove to be a great hassle for those users who don’t like to deal with the mechanical issues for a bike. However, this hassle can be dealt with by walking into a bike shop near you and get the bike assembled. But if you still will not like to get it to the bike shop, you can still get a male friend or relative who can simply read through the manual and assemble and tune the bike for you. This is because the bike comes 80% assembled and you need to install just a few parts such as the front wheel and the pedals
The final take on Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
So far we have meandered through every dimension of this road bike. We have objectively and fairly looked at every dimension of the bike and we are in a better position to make the right verdict regarding this road bike. To start off on the good and positive side of this bike, the machine is a very beautiful and sleek machine that offers many riders a great entry point. It may not be the best, but at its level and at its price, the bike is a fair place to start. It has some weaknesses with its derailleur and braking, but with caution and better mastery, you can easily find your way out of all that. In brief, it is a good placeholder for those who are looking forward to buy a better road bike in the future. Click here to check out this bike.