It does not matter what you need a bike for, at the end of the day there are certain things you look for. That is no different when it comes to road bikes. Manufacturers are working on new models each day and the competition is stiff. However, there are brands that stand out due to the quality they produce and at affordable prices too. One of the names that stands out in the road bikes industry is Merax with its Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike.
This bike has a lot to offer. It is not only affordable for those looking for a road bike and don’t wont to spend too much money, it is also durable and sturdy thanks to the aluminum frame and the steel fork. The tires do not disappoint either. At 700C and with a quick release feature and not to mention it is from Kenda. The braking power from the alloy caliper brakes guarantees safety and more control. You do not have to worry about the aesthetics thanks to the two colors, blue and red, which work well with both genders.
The Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike 21 speeds make it easy to use and packs a punch when it comes to reaching high speeds. For a hilly area, this is the best option since you do not have to use a lot of energy peddling through different terrains. All this can be enjoyed by novices and pros alike.
There is more to this awesome machine and that is why we are focusing on it comprehensively. This review aims to discuss the Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike in depth. To understand what makes this road bike special and unique from the rest so that you can make your purchasing decisions with ease. Read along and be empowered with the knowledge. We are going to look at it in six parts: the features and specs of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike; the benefits and advantages of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike; the pros of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike; the cons of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike; the missing links of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike and; the final take on Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike.
Features and specs of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike
One thing that we look for in a product is great features and rightfully so. How do those features work together to enhance user experience and is the price worth it? Those are just some of the questions that go through our minds before making that all important choice. For whatever investment we make in a product we expect value in return. That is why the folks at Merax promise us great features for a great cycling experience. The first part of this review will list those features.
- The Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike comes with a 6061 aluminum frame coupled with a Threadless steel fork for strength, durability and sturdiness.
- It is also fitted with alloy caliper brakes, which are meant to offer great stopping power and more control to the user.
- This bike comes with Shimano derailleurs both on the front and rear. The front derailleurs are AFDTZ23DM6T. The rear derailleur is Shimano ARDY300D.
- It also comes with quality Shimano shifters.
- The tires of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike are form Kenda, 700C and are quick release for easy adjustments to fit your comfort.
- The rims are made from aluminum and are double walled at 700C.
- There are 21 speeds to choose from to tackle hilly terrains
- For different users of varying built there are three different sizes to choose from: 50 cm, 54 cm and 58 cm.
- For support, the bike comes with aluminum kick stand.
- Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike come in two different colors: blue and red.
- For carrying your drinking water, there is an aluminum water bottle cage mount on the bike.
Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike is a bike that comes with great benefits for you to enjoy as you cycle around town. The features above have proven to work together to offer the experience that will keep you looking forward to the next time you get to take the bike on a spin. For more on the benefits to enjoy read on the next section that discusses the advantages of Merax 608XC Aluminum Road Bike.
- This bike is very durable thanks to the aluminum and steel that makes the frame and fork respectively.
- It is one of the most affordable bikes in the market. Because of its low price this is a great deal considering that other road bikes of the same quality are much more expensive.
- The aluminum frame makes it very light to ride on and to carry around especially up the stairs when you have to. It is also very easy to use when you are racing. The weight makes it a smooth ride.
- Despite the fact that there are only two colors to choose from, the blue and red options still look good and the design is the icing on the cake. You can look good as you cycle.
- The alloy caliper brakes give you more control as you maneuver through the town and city traffic. It has great stoppage power so that you can break whenever you need to.
- This bike is considered to be one of the fastest road bikes in the industry so if you are a lover of speed then this is the best choice.
- Thanks to its build, you can use it for different purposes: leisure, commuting and racing.
- If you are a beginner, then fear not. This is a great entry level road bike and any one can use it no matter how good or new they are to cycling.
- You can easily change the wheels of the bike thanks to its quick release wheels. No need for tools to get the job done.
- This bike offers smooth riding thanks to the combination of Shimano derailleurs and Shimano shifters.
- As you cycle you can be sure to get a good work out on your body without having to visit the gym
- The bike can be easily supported by the aluminum kickstand which is strong enough to keep the bike upright but light enough to improve the speed as you cycle.
- Thanks to the strong frame and fork plus the great breaking system a rider can experience cycling with stability.
- The handle bars have a great grip and you do not have to worry about your hands slipping off.
Pros of Merax 608XC aluminum Road Bike
Value is what we all look for in a product. After all, you wouldn’t want to spend your hard earned money and not get something in return. Merax 608XC aluminum Road Bike has great features that give birth to a number of pros that you can enjoy as you cycle. Merax manufacturers are known to create great products, but when it comes to this road bike, they have outdone themselves. Thanks to the incorporation of quality, with parts such as the Shimano shifters and Derailleurs. There is so much this bike has to offer and that is why we are delving into the pros in this next section of this review.
- The most notably pro about this bike is the affordability. Its price is low, which makes it one of the best for those on a budget.
- It is made of aluminum, which is a light material. This makes it easier to ride as well as to transport or rather carry around when you are not cycling.
- Merax 608XC aluminum Road Bike comprises of quality components. The ones that stand out are the Shimano shifters and derailleurs plus the Kenda tires.
- It offers smooth gear shift. When riding and in need of a gear change there is no need to remove your hands from the handle bar just to get it done.
- The lightweight nature of the bike makes it easy and comfortable to use the bike.
- This is a great entry level road bike. This means that even if you have never been on a road bike it easy enough to maneuver with.
- This bike has been designed to look good on the road. The sleek design speaks of speed and confidence.
- The Merax 608XC can be assembled easily. There are detailed instructions once delivered and if followed to the latter the bike can be fully assembled within no time.
- With this bike you can enjoy better speeds than with other road bikes.
- If you want to upgrade, you can easily do so. If you have money to spend you can change some of the components of the bike so as to maximize on performance and durability.
- It also has a great chain system that doesn’t get stuck in the cassettes while changing gears of peddling.
Now that we have tackled the nice and positive stuff, it is time to look at what are the turnoffs to this bike. True, the bike has some great features that enhance the experience, but that does not mean that it is perfection. Like most men made products there are flaws that seem to threaten to take away the glory of the product and bikes have not been spared from this. Just to be clear, this is by no means meant to discredit this bike to be thrown out as junk.
Merax 608XC is a beautiful piece of work no doubt. Though there are flaws, it does not mean that the greatness of this machine diminishes. The purpose of this detailed review on the cons, is meant to give you a deeper understanding so that you can make a better judgment in relation to the purchase you are about to make. Read on as we discuss the cons.
- It takes time to completely assemble. The bike comes with instructions, but the tuning and tweaking of other components of that bike will take time.
- Another con is the fact that it may be necessary for you to visit a bike shop in order to safely assemble the rest of the bike. This means extra expenses on your part.
- This bike is designed to accommodate male cyclists. Ladies can also ride it bit the size is an issue for those with a smaller build.
- If you are using this bike on a non-hilly terrain, then you will most likely not get the full experience of this bike. The 21 speed is best for hilly terrains.
- The saddle is a bit hard and can be uncomfortable to sit on for long rides.
- Some of the parts such as the pedals are not of quality and can come off, which means a replacement will be needed.
- The tires will need to be pressurized frequently so that you can enjoy a smooth ride.
Missing links to Merax 608XC Aluminum Road bike
Flaws are a common thing in life. In production, manufacturers want to achieve perfection, so as to give the consumers something to that brings in value to their lives. However, there is always that one bit that cause problems. The Merax 608XC has a few of these flaws in the name of missing links. Take note that most, if not all of these flaws are on to most bikes and not exclusively to Merax.
Missing links are those flaws that can be easily remedied at home. No use to call in a professional or take the bike to a shop to have it fixed to the level of comfort you are used to. Below are some of those missing links.
- The seat is hard leaving numbness if you cycle for long. To remedy this, you can add some cushioning to the saddle until you are comfortable enough.
Final thoughts on Merax 608XC aluminum road bike
There you go, a detailed review on what the Merax machine has to offer. The features are great and the benefits and pros even better. The price is the icing on the cake since not many of the road bikes of this quality can be found with this price tag. You can enjoy great speeds and still feel in control. The aesthetic factor is a welcome relief from the boring looking road bikes. Our final verdict is that this bike is worth your time and money. You will not regret it. Click here to check out this bike.