The Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 is one of the few road bikes on the market today that will enable you to break ranks with the hassles of sticking with a basic road bike. The machine is crafted for any rider who needs to advance their biking experience to a new level of efficiency and performance at an extra cost. The bicycle is one of the few machines that are designed to give you multipurpose experience that will enable you to participate in road biking and triathlon events. The bicycle is built with a perfect and balanced geometry and features that ensure you enjoy its dual functionality to the full.
Moreover, this roadie is constructed to allow you to ride in different positions depending on the kind of event you are participating in. The saddle and handlebar of the bike are some of the components that enable you to enjoy a comfortable ride. To give you maximum speed, the machine is fitted with 11 gears that allow you to shift to different levels of speed so that you can traverse different road terrains with ease. In addition, the Shimano derailleur of the bike ensures that you change gears without hassles.
The flexibility of the bike is also perfect. For instance, it is pretty simple and convenient for you to switch to aero or tri-mode so that you can enjoy a true action.
When it comes to construction, the bike boasts of one of the best frame materials of our time—carbon fiber. This material is designed with two basic factors in mind, namely, lightness and strength. The bike allows you to enjoy this perfect balance between a light tool that is easy to control, and a strong construction that will last longer. That is why it weighs only 22 lbs, and yet it can comfortably accommodate up to 275 lbs.
If you need to learn more about the features, benefits, pros, cons, missing links, and our final take on this machine, then keep reading this review until the end. The remaining sections of this review are going to give you a comprehensive coverage of these facts so that you can make an informed decision.
The Salient Features of Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105
The Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 has many features that distinguish it from the rest of the competition, and give it an edge that enables you to walk away from the mediocrity and hassles of entry level road bikes. This section of our review is devoted to the sharing of some of the features that empower this bike to perform and allow you to enjoy the benefits that it has.
- A light and sturdy frame: The Kestrel Talon 105 is constructed with an extremely lightweight frame that is also sturdy so that you can enjoy the benefits of strength and lightness simultaneously. This feature is a result of the carbon fiber material that the machine is made with. That is why the bike weighs a mere 20 lbs, and yet it can handle a weight capacity of up to 275 lbs.
- Multiple sizes: The bike also comes in five different sizes designed to meet varying user needs depending on their various heights. It comes in 48 cm, 52 cm, 55 cm, 57 cm, and 60 cm.
- More speed: The road bicycle also comes with a 11-speed gears that allow you to enjoy faster mobility as you cruise. These speeds permit you to ride on all types of terrains without the need for extra straining especially when climbing hills. Additionally, it is very easy to change gears because it offers you a smooth transition from one gear to another making it easier to use even by rookies.
- Flexible handling: The bike also allows you to enjoy flexible handling because it has a light construction that permits you to handle the machine more comfortably.
- Needs some assembling: The bike comes 80% assembled, but you will need some professional assistance from a bike shop to get the remaining parts assembled so that you don’t lose the warranty.
- Different colors: The bike comes in various colors such as gray and red.
- Kestrel EMS Pro Aero Seatpost: This feature allows you to mount the saddle in a broad range of positions that enable you to bend more forward for tri use or backward for road cycling.
- Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clinchers: This feature adds aerodynamics and stiffness to the bike without making you slow down.
- Limited warranty: The bicycle comes with a limited warranty which can be forfeited if you assemble it without professional help from a bike shop.
As a bike that empowers you to stage a jail break from the limitations of entry level road bikes, the Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 has a lot of benefits that you can enjoy. This section seeks to unveil some of the advantages that will enable you to benefit from the value of the money you paid for the bike because a product that does not offer you tangible benefits is not worth your money.
- Comfortable cycling: This bicycle is designed in such a manner that it offers you comfortable riding so that you don’t suffer unnecessary pains after your riding experience. This benefit is a critical consideration for those riders who spend many hours on a bike, and are more vulnerable to joint, muscle, back, and neck pain. To ensure that your riding is safe, the bike comes with clip-on aero bars that give you a more relaxed riding position.
- Durable and qualitative construction material: This model is made with carbon fiber. This material is one of the best materials that strike a balance between sturdiness and lightness. The bicycle’s strong frame makes it durable, and this durability allows you to enjoy long-term value for your money.
- Lightness and strength: This benefit is another function of the construction material from which the bike is constructed. The carbon fiber that constitutes its frame enables you to control the bike faster while you manage its weight easily. The strength of the material permits it to withstand wear and tear.
- Greater speed: The machine is designed to give you higher speeds so that you can manage steep terrains easily. That is why it comes with 11 gear speeds so that you don’t need to keep straining yourself to climb hills, hence you can save your energy for the remaining sections of the journey ahead of you. Moreover, you enjoy greater comfort as you change gears because it Shimano derailleur allows you to shift gears faster and comfortably.
- A Limited lifetime warranty: When you buy this machine, you will enjoy a limited lifetime warranty that gives you a fall-back you can resort to in case of anything. This warranty is another way of enjoying a long-term value for your money. The only thing you need to do is to ensure you assemble the bike at a professional bike shop so that you don’t forfeit the warranty.
The Pros of Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105
The Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 offers you many pros that you will not have enjoyed on an average or even the best starter bike on the market. The price you pay for this bike gives you real dividends, and that is why this part of our review is going to share with you some of them.
- A comfortable seat: The bike is fitted with a well-padded saddle that allows you to enjoy greater levels of comfort.
- A choice of colors: The bike offers you a selection of colors such as red, black, and gray.
- A durable frame: The bicycle is made with a strong carbon fiber structure that makes it last longer.
- A lightweight construction: The carbon fiber the machine is constructed with is intended to allow control the bike with ease.
- Smooth gear shifting: The derailleur of the bicycle enables you to shift gears faster.
- Better speeds: The 11 speeds the bike is fitted with let you navigate through hilly landscapes without needing to strain yourself safely.
- Comfortable riding positions: The machine’s frame allows you to comfortably bend yourself forward or ride upright depending on the kind of cycling activity you are engaging in at every given moment in time.
- A fall-back for your money: The bicycle is backed with a limited lifetime warranty that gives you a fall-back you can resort to.
- Very minimal maintenance: The strong carbon fiber frame the bike is constructed which makes its maintenance very minimal compared to other bikes within its intermediary level category.
The Cons of Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105
So far, we have covered the features and advantages of this bike. This section seeks to share with you some of the cons the bike has so that you can know what to expect as you make a decision to buy it.
- It needs some time to adjust to it:Even though it is a great choice for a professional rider, it may take a beginner some time before they can comfortably adjust to the functionality of the bicycle.
- No instruction manual: The bike does not come with an instruction manual to help you set it up. This lack of assembling instructions means if you are not experienced in bike assembling or you have a mechanical background, you will need to get the services of a professional bike shop to assemble it, and at a fee.
- The aero bars of the bike are not perfect.
- At times, the wheels of the bike can have an inconsistent braking surface
By all standards, the Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 is an awesome intermediate bike. However, it is not exempted from a few missing links that are common in all other bicycles. This part of the review endeavors to show you some of the missing links of this model, and how you can find simple solutions for them.
- You require some time to adapt to it: Although this bike is an excellent choice for a professional cyclist, a rookie will need some extra time before they can comfortably adjust to the functionality of the bicycle. In such a situation, you will need to be a bit patient to learn a few tricks here and there because this is a long-term investment that will remain in your life for a long time.
- It lacks assembling instructions: The bike lacks assembling instructions that need to guide you in assembling the remaining 20 percent of the parts.The absence of setup instructions means if you lack a strong mechanical background, you will need to pay a few bucks to get the bike assembled. However, you only need to assemble the bike once, hence spending a few dollars at the bike shop is not a loss since it also helps you to keep the bike’s limited warranty in force.
Our Final Take on Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105
Kestrel Talon Road Bike Shimano 105 is an excellent intermediate road bike designed and suited to meet the biking needs of those users who want to enjoy something higher than the basics of entry level bikes. The higher price you pay for this machine gives you value for the money you pay for the machine. The model is constructed with excellent features that provide you with a superior performance so that it delivers on its promise to help you stage a jail break from the confines and limitations of a basic road bike. Although it has a few missing links and cons, all of them are minor, and they cannot drown the many benefits the bike has. When we make a balanced analysis of the above facts, the bicycle gets a perfect thumb up, and that is why we strongly recommend it for everyone who is seeking to enhance their cycling experience to the next level. Click here to check out this bike.