Finding the right mountain bike is not an easy task. Choosing one that is perfect, and affordable, is even a more demanding mission. Quality and low prices aren’t known to work together and most cyclists have learned this the hard way. However, in recent times that assumption has proven to be a misconception. There are brands that are coming up with newer mountain bike brands that are pocket friendly but maintain the quality. One such bike is the Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike.
A look at the Gravity FSX 1.0 reveals quality components from the aluminum frame to the comfortable design and sleek look. This is a dual suspension bike so can be sure that the ride is smooth even in rough terrains.The disk brakes offer more control and stoppage power. You need to be able to stop whenever you want to. The 24 speed drive train offers easy shifting capabilities as well as power to tackle rough terrains. Coupled with the rear 8 from derailleurs you can never go wrong.
The 26” wheels are large enough for ground coverage and can still run even with low pressure. It is a comfortable piece of equipment thanks to the saddle and the low rise handle bars. All that and the price is pretty low. You can enjoy the mountain biking experience with minimal investment. There is no way you can pass up such an opportunity.
The Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike has a lot more to offer in terms of features and benefits. It is an impressive workout, commuter and racing bike with quality components meant to impress the experienced rider as well as the newbie trying out mountain biking. The purpose of this review is to give you a comprehensive and detailed review of the Gravity FSX 1.0 in order for you to make the right choice. In other words, flex your purchasing power muscles. This article will look at this bike in six angles: features and specs of The Gravity FXS 1.0 Mountain Bike; Benefits of The Gravity FXS 1.0 Mountain Bike; pros of the Gravity FXS 1.0 Mountain Bike, its cons plus the final thoughts.
Features of Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike
The features of the Gravity FSX 1.0 are detailed and comprehensive. Like any product it is the features that make a bike and with this particular mountain bike it doesn’t fall short of anything. Though Gravity is not as established as other brands, this bike has proven that it is a brand to be reckoned with. A review of the features and specs will give an in depth understanding of that what the FSX 1.0 has to offer.
- The frame is made from 6061 aluminum which is TGI welded. It is light, durable and strong.
- It features a Suntour long front suspension as well as a KS Coil-cover rear suspension
- It also comes with Shimano FD-M190 front derailleurs and Shimano Acera rear derailleur
- This bike comes with Suntour Crankset, 22/32/42T power shift rings
- It also features Shimano Mega Range 8 speed 11-34T cassettes
- The pedals are Bear trap with metal cage
- Gravity FSX 1.0 comes with Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes which are 160mm rotors.
- It also features Shimano ST-EF51 brake levers
- The wheels are 26” and include Multithread 26”*2.1” tires, Maddux DX221, double wall rims made from aluminum and stainless steel spokes.
- It also features a WTB speed V sportSE with love channel
- It comes with an aluminum alloy seat post micro adjust
- The chain system is KMC Z-72 steel Narrow
- The bike also has 20 degrees rise black aluminum alloy
- The headset is Cane Creek Threadless and is contact sealed with ball bearing.
- Gravity FSX 1.0 comes in 4 sizes of 15”, 17”, 19” and 21”
- The colors available for this bike include white, black, yellow and grey.
- The total weight of this bike adds up to 30 pounds.
- Gravity FSX 1.0 can support up to 200 pounds
From the description of the features, it clear that there are even more benefits to anticipate. Gravity FSX 1.0 boasts of quality as well as performance. Cyclists are always on the look out for new experiences that will offer benefits as well. Manufacturers at Gravity focused on creating a tool that accommodates pros and novices alike. Some of the benefits to look forward to include:
- Affordable option: One thing quality mountain bikes are not known for is cheap costs. Cheap translates to substandard. With Gravity FSX 1.0 has dispelled that myth by producing quality at an affordable price.
- Comfort: Gravity FSX 1.0 is designed for comfort. The frame and the 20° rise handle bars give the rider a comfortable posture.
- Smooth ride: Thanks to the 24 gear speeds coupled with the front and rear suspension you can enjoy a smooth ride irrespective of the terrain.
- Durability and strength: This bike is made with aluminum which, though light, is durable, strong as well as sturdy. Trust that you will not have to carry out a lot of maintenance on the frame or any other aluminum component.
- Versatility: You can easily upgrade this bike if some of the components are not satisfactory; especially the seat and the pedals.
- Easy to carry: Aluminum is a light material and even with the double suspension feature, Gravity FSX 1.0 is lighter than most of its counterparts
- Easy to maneuver: The light nature of the bike also makes it easy to ride and maneuver around tight corners.
- Safety: The Tektro disk brakes offer the best in terms of the stoppage power. You will have more control on what direction the bike takes.
- Reliable: The frame is strong and its TIG welded which means the joints are secure and can be relied upon.
- Aesthetics: The Gravity FSX 1.0 is available in a number of colors such as yellow and grey. The design is also top of the notch and has a sleek feel to it.
- Multipurpose: No matter what your cycling need is you can find a partner in Gravity FSX 1.0. It can be used for commuting, racing or leisure. Take your pick.
- Easy to assemble: You can count on an easy assembly process if you follow the manual carefully. No need to hire a professional.
- Accommodating: The various sizes available ranging from 15” to 21” can accommodate users of height between 5’4” to 6’3” and above. This bike is also strong enough to carry a capacity of up to 200 pounds.
- A low cost workout tool: With this bike you can get that much needed workout without getting a membership at your local gym. Get the work out while on the go. It sure saves time.
Pros of Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike
Gravity FSX does not disappoint when it comes to the pros either. There is a lot this bike can boast about and the features have proven to be the jackpot of pros. Some of the notable advantages include:
- Quality components: As stated before Gravity did a great job in ensuring they deliver quality with affordability. Most of the components are from renowned brands such as Shimano and Tektro.
- Powerful brakes: The Tektro brakes are an impressive addition to this bike because these disk brakes can stop a bike very efficiently whenever it is needed. They also give more control to the cyclist.
- Sleek design: Gravity ergonomically designed this bike. Apart from the comfortable posture it offers, it looks good as well.
- Adjustable seat: The seat can be easily adjusted because of its MicroAdjust feature.
- Light bike: Gravity FSX 1.0 is a light option. Most mountain bikes have a heavier built.
- Quick release wheels: Another advantage is the quick release feature of the wheels. You can easily remove them for replacement or maintenance.
- Cost effective: Gravity FSX 1.0 comes at an affordable price so that any cyclist can afford it.
- Easy to put together: All it takes is the manual and a strict adherence to the specifications and you will be done within 30 minutes.
Cons of Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain Bike
Now that we have seen the positive parts of Gravity FSX 1.0 it is time to analyze the disadvantages. It is common for a product to have negative components bikes more so. However it is important to not that the purpose of this review is to open your mind to all the possibilities; negative or positive. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you see it, these disadvantages are not exclusive to Gravity. Most bikes have a flaws as they are man made.Some of the disadvantages include:
- Heavier than necessary: This bike is heavier than it should be due to the inclusion of the rear and front suspension.
- Lack of kickstand: Gravity FSX 1.0 does not come with a kick stand, though they attribute this absence to avoiding the kickstand coming out when on rough terrain.
- Poor quality pedals: The pedal tends to come off at some point. However, with the price range this should be no reason to complain.
- Lack of fenders and mud guards: There is no mud guard or fenders on this bike. On wet and muddy terrains be prepared for some splashes.
- No lighting or reflectors: Without lighting or reflectors your safety cannot be assured especially at night. It is very important to be visible on the road at night to avoid accidents.
- No water bottle holder: The Gravity FSX 1.0 has no water bottle mount and it has made no provisions to have it installed.
If there is one thing that manufacturers aim for is a flawless product. However the very nature of being human is to have flaws and that is why their is no such thing as perfection in production. Gravity FSX comes with its fair share of flaws as we have seen above, but there are some flaws that can be dealt with from a more local setting. These are known as missing links. It is important to note that these flaws are not a reason to disqualify the ingenious skills that went into the manufacturing process. It is simply pointing out what to expect and how to capitalize on those flaws to improve performance. On that note let’s look at what missing links Gravity FSX has and how to counter them.
- Gravity FSX 1.0 comes with a sports saddle that tends to get uncomfortable over time. At some point you will feel numbness. Place some cushions ever the seat before you go out riding and you will experience the difference.
- There are times when the bike makes some noise.It could be squeaky and annoying. This is usually attributed to the poor tuning, probably because the assembly was done by an inexperienced hand. You can take the bike to a professional to do the necessary twerking and tuning or look for an individual with experience in bike assembly.
Final thoughts on Gravity FSX 1.0 Mountain bike
It is not surprising that Gravity has yet again wowed us with this piece. The dual suspension feature coupled by a stable and durable frame makes Gravity FSX 1.0 something to write home about. The quality components and features add to the design and the overall performance. Shimano, a top name as far as bike parts are concerned cannot be missed. The ergonomic consideration put into the entire design leaves any cyclist eager for the next cycling expedition.
The brakes are topnotch and work great to keep you safe and in control. Granted there are some flaws that try to undermine the performance of this bike. However, the price of this bike is pretty low when most mountain bikes cost much, much more so you cannot really complain.
All in all I would recommend this bike to any avid cyclist or novice. It is a great entry level bike with impressive and performance record. Click here to check out this bike.