The Graber Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer is one of the most preferred entry level trainers that you can find on the market at a very low price. This highly affordable trainer has five levels of magnetic resistance that ensure that you get the best out of your training sessions. The five levels of resistance are intended to offer all levels of riders to enjoy the resistance they need as they train. Moreover, the presence of various resistance levels is one of the ways that users can use to explore their creativity.
The indoor trainer is also constructed with a heavy-duty steel frame that offers you greater stability. Additionally, the machine is constructed in such a manner that it is easy to store and transport. The machine is also designed to fit standard size 26” and 27” wheels. If you are looking for a trainer that is easy and fast to set up and use, then you have to look the direction of this wonderful machine, Graber Mag Bike Trainer. The reason here is that you only need a few minutes to set up the machine.
Additionally, the bike trainer has features that are easy to use, and they are designed with the comfort of the user in mind. That is why this review article seeks to share with you a complete examination of the features, benefits, pros, cons, missing links, and our final take on this machine. Keep on reading this post until the end to learn more of what is awaiting you as you warm up to get your own Graber Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer and catapult your indoor cycling training to the next level.
Features of Graber Mag Trainer
The Graber Mag Trainer is constructed with many features. These features are intended to give you a user experience like no other. Additionally, they are intended to confer to you all the benefits that give you great value for your hard-earned money. This section of our review is going to give you a complete coverage of these features.
- A heavy-duty steel frame: The trainer is constructed with a solid and sturdy frame that is intended to give you a greater level of stability for a better cycling session.
- Five levels of resistance adjustment: The machine also features five different levels of resistance so that all levels of riders can also get their share of enjoyment.
- A folding frame: The trainer has a frame that is easy to fold so that you can easily store and transport it.
- Leveling feet: The trainer comes with adjusting feet that let you use it safely even on uneven surfaces.
- Higher levels of compatibility: The machine is compatible with bolt-on wheels.
Benefits of Graber Mag Trainer
This trainer has many benefits that make it a favorite among many entry level users. These benefits are the ones that make you enjoy real value for your money. This section will share with you some of these advantages.
- A solid construction: The bike trainer has a solid construction that will last longer than most of the other trainers in the same entry level category and price range.
- An excellent finish: The trainer also comes with a perfect finish that is esthetically appealing and attractive to the eye. With this machine, you don’t just get something that works well, but also a machine that looks cute.
- Easy to store: The trainer is designed in such a way that you can easily fold and store it away safely. Additionally, it is ideal for users who have limited space in their residential places.
- Better fitting: The trainer is designed to fit different types of axles. It can fit quick-release axles or standard axles if you add an extra nut to left side of the axle.
- Easy setup instructions: The trainer comes with easy and simple instructions that enable you to assemble it quickly within a matter of a few minutes.
- Low noise level: Even though it is an entry level machine, the Graber Mag Trainer scores high on this area. The reason here is that most entry level trainers are known to make noise. But this is quieter compared to most of its competitors in its category and price bracket. This benefit allows you to go on with your training without disturbing your family members or neighbors.
- Leveling feet: Another benefit of this bike trainer is the inclusion of feet leveling into its design. With this provision, you can enjoy greater and even distribution of traction between the trainer and the floor you will be training on. This provision means that regardless of the intensity of your workouts, you will not wobble.
- Excellent resistance level: The trainer is designed with the needs of every user in mind. Whether you are a rookie or a veteran, you can always enjoy the extent of resistance that is equal to your level.
- It is user-friendly: The machine is designed with the user’s convenience in mind. All its features are fitted in such a manner that every user, irrespective of their level of expertise, can easily use the trainer.
The pros of Graber Mag Trainer are many. This part of the review is going to explore them further.
- Leveling feet: The first pro of this trainer is the inclusion of feet leveling into its design. This provision lets you experience higher and even distribution of traction between the trainer and the training floor. That is why no matter how intense you train, you will never encounter wobbling.
- Adjustable resistance level: The trainer is constructed with the needs of all users at heart. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned cyclist, you can always experience the level of resistance you can handle.
- Ease of storage: The machine is created in such a way that you can conveniently fold and store it away safely. Moreover, it is suitable for users who live on smaller spaces such as apartments.
- Wider fitting: The trainer is built to fit different axles. It can fit quick-release axles or standard axles if you add an extra nut to left the side of axle.
- Easy to assemble: The trainer is easy to assemble. All you need to do is read the instructions and there you go. For a seasoned user, you may even assemble it within a minute.
- Low noise levels: Contrary to most of the entry level trainers, the Graber Mag Trainer stands tall above the competition. This machine is quieter compared to most of its counterparts in this low-end category and price range. Its silence levels ensure that you perform your workouts quietly without interfering with the peace of your family members or neighbors.
- It is easy to operate: The trainer is built with the user’s convenience in mind. It has features that allow users of different levels of experience and expertise to use it easily.
- A sturdy build: The bike trainer has a sturdy build that lasts longer than most of its competitors on the market.
- A perfect finish: The trainer also comes with an excellent finish that is esthetically appealing and attractive. With this trainer, you don’t just get a machine that works well, but one that also looks great.
Cons of Graber Mag Trainer
We have covered the main features that make this trainer tick, it benefits that give you value for your money, and its pros. However, you need to understand that this is an entry level machine, and it is subject to some of the shortcomings that are common with this category of bike trainers. In this section, I am going to share with you some of these weaknesses so that you can have a balanced view of things and know what to expect as you make a decision to buy one.
- It is slightly costlier than most of the cheap trainers on the market. But the positive side of the story is that it performs better than them in many areas. For instance, this machine is quieter than most of its counterparts in the same price range.
- The bike trainer has no provision for remote method for adjusting its magnetic tension.
- The machine’s friction roller is constructed with PVC instead of metal. However, most of the users who have used have not expressed any reduced performance or durability due to it being plastic. But since some users prefer a metal one, the ball is now in the manufacturer’s court to implement the necessary improvements that will raise the game of the trainer.
- If your bicycle has a standard axle, you may not be able to utilize the bike trainer without further modifications. However, you can get over this by adding an extra nut to the left side of your bike’s axle to make it fit the trainer which is because it was originally constructed to accommodate quick-release axles.
The Graber Mag Trainer has its own share of missing links that are common with trainers within its category. This section is going to share with you its main missing link, and how you can get over it so that you can continue enjoying the other great features and benefits that are inherent in the machine. Keep reading below to learn how you can find home-grown and simple solutions that will enhance your user experience.
- The bike trainer was originally designed to serve quick-release axles. This provision may make it a bit hard for you to use it if your bicycle is designed with a standard axle. But the good news is that you can overcome this small challenge by adding an extra nut to the left side of your bike’s axle to make it fit the trainer.
Our Final take on Graber Mag Trainer
As we draw near the end of our review of Graber Mag Bike Trainer, we are going to make a recap of what we have covered as a basis for making an objective conclusion of this review. This is one of the cheapest entry level trainers that you will find on the market. The machine is suitable for use by all types of cyclists ranging from experts all the way to rookies. However, it is not the cheapest in this category; and that is why you may find it with some features that are available on trainers beyond the entry level category.
Regarding features, the trainer has a few, but stable features that ensure you enjoy your experience as a cyclist. Moreover, all these features are designed to give users easy time operating the machine. The Graber Mag Trainer is also easy to set up since it comes with clear assembly instructions and it is possible for a veteran user to assemble it within a minute. Its ease of folding makes it ideal for carrying around and storing even in homes that may be having issues with storage space.
Moreover, the presence of five levels of resistance makes it a universal favorite for riders. This level of adjustment allows cyclists to set it to the level of resistance that fits their skills and expertise, or the lack of it.
The trainer also has a few weaknesses that you will encounter along the way. But compared to the many benefits and solid features it has, these missing links amount to nothing, hence they cannot form a basis for discarding the trainer. For instance, it was originally made to accommodate quick-release axles. Initially, this provision may make it impossible to use it on bicycles that have standard axles. However, you can overcome this challenge by adding an extra nut to the left side of your bike’s axle to make it fit the trainer.
By putting all the above factors into perspective, we can confidently say that this trainer is an excellent starting point for all types of users. Additionally, it is a good bargain that gives you real value for your money as you wait to move on to the next level of bike trainers, and that is why we recommend it. Click here to check out this bike trainer.