Initially the introduction of the fat bike was given a very short life line by skeptics, but over the years’ fat bikes have proven they are here to stay. Growing from just a niche-bike that focused more on winter to tackling different terrain. Gone are the days that people dismissed fat bikes as awkward looking machines as cyclists are embracing them and manufactures are coming up with new ways to improve on the experience of fat bikes.
Fat bikes have grown exponentially since they were first developed and the innovative ideas being incorporated into new designs has even made it more popular not just for those living in snow prone areas but other geographical areas as well. Manufacturers in the fat bike industry have up their game in order to meet the different needs of the existing market as and the potential users. It’s not just a matter of speed and strength, but also the comfort of the ride playing a major role in the structure and design.
Framed has left nothing to chance with the introduction of the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike. This is one of those bikes that has incorporated the different components to improve the performance of the bike and the giving the cyclist the experience of a life time. With a strong frame and fat tires to go with it there is no doubt of the surprises that awaits any rider.
This review focuses on what makes the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike a-must-have for bicycle enthusiasts. It is important that before you purchase anything, in this case a bike, you need to be aware of what you are getting into and if at the end of the day you will get value for your money. Read on to get a comprehensive idea of what this bike is made of and the features that bring it to life. This review features; the features of Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike; the benefits of Framed Minnesota 2.0 alloy fat bike; the pros of Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike; the cons of Framed Minnesota 2.0 alloy fat bike; the missing links of Framed Minnesota 2.0 alloy fat bike and; the final take on Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike.
The features of Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike
Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike comes with a number of features that speak of nothing but innovation and improvement. From the onset you can see that every feature was placed to enhance the experience of the rider not just as a machine that is meant to get a person from point A to point B. The combination of looks and performance rates it highly in many quarters as riders want to enjoy riding and look good while at it. This part of the review provides an in depth analysis of the features that comes with the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike.
- The Framed Minnesota 2.0 alloy fat bike comes with 26*4 inches of tires for stability and a good grip when in challenging terrain.
- The frame and the fork is made form 6061 aluminum alloy which means strength and durability.
- The bike comes fitted with mechanical disk brakes- Avid BB5s which offer on need braking to keep you safe and give you control.
- The Framed Minnesota 2.0 comes with front and rear derailleurs, SRAM Model X7, SRAM Model X5 respectively to ease the gear changing capabilities.
- Unlike most bikes of this caliber, the Framed Minnesota 2.0 comes with alloy pedals that last longer and give a solid feel while peddling
- The Framed Minnesota 2.0 has a structure with a shorter cockpit than other fat bikes which makes it a comfortable chose for those off road trips.
- The rims are come in an array of bright colors such as red and blue that gives it an attractive appearance.
- It is designed with a flat handle bar which gives the bike the look of a mountain bike.
Just like most products of value the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike is endowed with benefits that can make any other fat bike jealous. Thanks to the endless quest of the manufacturers of Framed Minnesota 2.0 to build a machine that caters for the needs of different riders. This section lists the benefits that come with the purchase of this bike.
- The price tag that comes with the Framed Minnesota 2.0 is quite affordable compared to other fat bikes. The bike is very low price which make it one of the cheapest fat bikes in the market.
- Compared to other fat bikes, the Framed Minnesota 2.0 has dropped some weight thanks to a lighter tire which has been drilled out and the single wall frame and the overall frame of the bike. This comes in handy when maneuvering different terrains. It becomes much easier to make corners and other maneuvers off road.
- The derailleurs and the wide tires make the Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike a stable machine.
- The bike can be used on different terrains as it has been fitted with fat tires that allow navigation on off road terrain.
- Due to the aluminum alloy that makes up the frame and fork the Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike assures of durability and strength despite it being light weight.
- This bike offers more control to the rider as it is fitted with Avid mechanical disk brakes and derailleurs on both ends. Making those emergency brakes when you need to without exerting too much effort has been made possible.
- Thanks to the wide tires and the power of the shock absorbing tubes you are assured of a smooth and comfortable ride regardless of the terrain. The traction is also something to write home about.
- The X5 shifters work together with the SRAM X7 and SRAM X5 derailleurs giving the rider a wider gear option as well as easy change over from one gear to another whenever the need arises.
- The overall design and colors available makes the Framed Minnesota 2.0 an attractive choice for those who prefer aesthetics. There are a number of colors to choose from; black, blue, different shades of red and white, orange and black and white
- Despite it being a fat bike the positon is relatively upright which gives the rider a more comfortable position to ride on.
- Compared to other fat bikes, this particular bike is much easier to assemble. It just needs some twerking on the brakes then it is good to go.
- With over 18 speed to choose form a rider can be at ease knowing when the time comes for a different speed they have a wide option to choose from.
The pros of Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike
The Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike comes with an array of pros that make it one of the most sort after bike. It doesn’t just keep up with the competition, but it slays. The next section lists some of the most notable pros associated with the Framed Minnesota 2.0.
- This bike is flexible and can be ridden in different terrains.
- The Framed Minnesota 2.0 prides itself in the stability it offers in terms of the braking system tires and a solid frame.
- Another pro with the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike is the ease in which a ride can shift from one gear to another.
- The Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike comes with offers an array of speeds, 18 in number which makes it more versatile than most of its kind.
- The tires have great traction, which offers a good grip while on the road, especially on slippery and rock surfaces.
- The frame and cockpit are designed in such a manner that the rider has enough space to turn the pedals and be comfortable.
- The affordable price makes it an investment worthwhile considering that it is a flat bike with many desirable features.
- If you are looking to feel stylish and have your aesthetic needs met, then this is the bike for you.
- Great speeds for the different needs of the various terrains you will encounter.
The Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike is a dream for those who love to ride fat bikes. With all those mouth-watering features and benefits that accompany them it is hard to find fault with such perfection. However, calling the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike perfection would be stretching it even for a bike with such wondrous features. Like most manufactured products there has to be a downside, especially with something man made. Just as this review focused on the positive part of the bike, in this section the attention is on the things that downplay the greatness of this machine. What part of the bike takes away from the performance of the bike and where did the manufacturers not get it right. The following section of this review will delve into the cons of the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike
- The assembly of this beautiful bike can be challenging since the bike is not even partially assembled so there is need to make the entire assembly from scratch. The brakes will take up more of your time when you are making necessary adjustments.
- There is no provision for a water bottle and this can be very inconveniencing especially if you are going on a long trip.
- Due to the fact that the bike has a shorter cockpit, a longer ride on the bike will lead to discomfort for the rider.
- The price tag can be relatively on the higher side for those looking for a cheaper fat bike.
Filling the missing links in Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike
The Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike comes with a number of strengths and benefits that makes it formidable competition from other machines on the market. Unfortunately, the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike has some missing parts that need to be addressed in terms of performance as well as functionality. Note that this is not to underestimate the power of the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike but rather a way of identifying the parts that need to be worked on in order to optimize the experience to be offered by the bike. The following section pinpoints those issues.
- Lack of water packaging has been a let-down for many since riding a bike can be dehydrating at times and with no place to hold your water can be frustrating. This can be easily mitigated by installing one from the local bike shop.
- The saddle can be a bit wanting especially if you are to travel long distances. The seat turns hard and in time you feel uncomfortable. You can add some cushion to the seat to make it more comfortable even when you ride for a long time.
Our Final Take on Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike
This review by no means implies that the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike is perfect, though it is close. There are certain flaws, but all the good features make this bike worth investing in. The strong alloy frame plus the disk brakes offers stability that most cyclists only dream of. The inclusion of 18 speed and derailleurs coupled with the fat tires to the bike offer smooth rides and unrivaled especially on rough off road terrains.
When it comes to durability the Framed Minnesota 2.0 Alloy Fat Bike has a lot to offer with the inclusion of not only an aluminum alloy frame but also the alloy platform pedals. The bike has an attractive look that most people look for in a bike. These are some of the reasons this bike is recommended among the fat bikes available in the market. Try it today and it’s highly unlikely you shall be disappointed. Click here to check out this fat bike.