Mountain biking is an event that every participating rider anticipates it to be a cherishing experience. Several bike manufacturers are focused on meeting the demands of mountain biking through the invention of new bikes and upgrade of the existing machines. Diamondback has maintained its reign in the bicycle industry by utilizing technology advancement and partnering with leading bike parts manufacturers to make high supercharged and high quality mountain bikes. The drawback’s team before releasing any new model takes time to research the situation on the ground and how they can utilize technology revolution to design bikes that offer satisfactory and long-term solutions to riders who enjoy hitting the rough terrains.
Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike is one of the diamondbacks most popular bike models. It is equipped with high levels of capabilities. This bike is flexible and can be used in different terrain: for trail riding, dirt jumping, cross country. Its unique design feature, simple single pivot, offers smooth rides and the ability to maintain traction. Its design also gives room for upgrade to maintain and improve performance. This ready ride bike is fun, perfect for mountain biking and affordable. This review will discuss in Diamondback recoil 29er bike in detail to let you know its features, decency and performance.
Features of the recoil 29er mountain bike
The Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike was designed to meet needs of entry level and professional riders.It’s among the best and affordable mountain bikes in the market. Below are some of its exciting features and specs.
- Strong Aluminum Frame: The frame forms the foundation of all bikes. High strength makes the bike durable and ensures safety while maneuvering the terrains. Diamondback has achieved high standards of safety and comfort through their single pivot design and aluminum frame. The frame is fabricated from aluminum alloy- 6061 – T6 which makes it strong and light. Its weight is just less than 30 lbs to ease control along the trails.
- Flexible fork: The fork is a vital component of your bicycle. Its design directly dictates safety, comfort and performance of your mountain bike. Diamondback experts were aware of the importance of the fork and their professional design yielded a giant model, the diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike. The adjustable feature helps to set the position of the suspension to allow you hit the rough terrains firmly. Optimum sag of 25-35mm ensures that your DB recoil trail can settle slightly into its travel under your weight. In this case no shocks are transferred from the wheel to the bike, hence you will enjoy smooth rides even when your bike rolls over obstacles and drops into holes. A coil shock fixed on the fork gives the Diamondback 29er recoil mountain bike a 100 mm travel. With the help of oil damping, the bike absorbs shocks from the trails and keeps wheels in position on the ground, thus improving grip and stability.All this is achieved courtesy of the Suntour full suspension system.
- Full suspension system: Full suspension systems offer boundless benefits to Superbikes. The diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike operates on a dual suspension system. Shocks for the front suspension are fitted on the SR Suntour XCT fork, which offers up to 100 mm travel. The fork has a preload adjust that helps you fine tune the fork to use on different trails. This feature together with the kindshock coil rear shocks makes the machine meet most of suspension demands along the terrains.
- Different sizes to accommodate diverse riders’ heights: Diamondback’s objective is to accommodate anyone interested in mountain biking.That is why the recoil 29er mountain bike has been categorized in different sizes ranging from small to large. This bike is available in three classes: S/16”, M/18” and L/20”. With these three sizes, the rider has a freedom of choice; hence the degree of comfort is on his/her own hands.Diamondback provides size guides to its customers to assist them make the right choices depending on their heights. For instance, if the rider’s height falls in the range, 5’4” to 5’7”, the small size is the most fit. Rider’s heights under the medium and large classes are 5’7”-5’10” and 5’10”-6’1” respectively. The size variations depend on design features, but they share some.The handlebar width, stem length, seat post length, fork offset, chain stay length, seat angle and head angle are similar. Variations are on the stack, reach, stand over height, seat tube length, head tube length and wheelbase. This list of features should not scare you. The drawbacks’ qualified, experienced and dedicated team has already incorporated them to a ready ride. You only need to know your height, which they can measure as well. The team is always ready to assist you make the right choice and enjoy optimal comfort of riding a machine that is ergonomically fit.
- Powerful brakes: Almost every experienced rider has a story to tell in regard to brake failure along the terrain. Some of these tales are near-death encounter that could make dull riders quit their off-road cycling dreams. But why worry about safety and DB cares for you? Through innovation and braking revolution, Diamondback has managed to install powerful and effective braking system on its mountain bikes. The Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike uses the mechanical disc brake system, Tektro Aires to be specific. This braking system offers a full benefits package to the rider. It generates sufficient stopping power on application of a small amount of force to the lever. This adds credibility to the bike’s ergonomics as muscle fatigue is reduced. The disc brake is known to be an all weather braking system. It is reliable in both dry and wet weather conditions.The rotor disc is strategically placed in a callper position to prevent the effect of wet weather. With the right maintenance practice, the Tektro Aires braking system is always perfect.
- Wide tires: Mountain bikes are meant for rides on rough trails and roads characterized by roots, rocks, loose dirt and raised knobs. To handle these terrains without damaging the bike or causing unnecessary struggle to the rider, bikes should be fitted with the right tires. This not only improves the quality of the ride, but also provides ample grip and low rolling resistance.The Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike uses 29”x 2.2” tires. This is the best among the ideal wheel sizes of mountain bikes: 26”, 27.5” and 29”. With the right pressure, the tires won’t disappoint you. Drawback has been keen on every design feature of this machine to ensure that optimal performance is achieved with ease.
- 8 Speed Drivetrain: Mountain biking is impossible without Drivetrains. The activity is supposed to be enjoyable, but it can be daunting, especially when the bike is in a poor state. However, Drivetrains improves riding efficiency and consistency. That’s why Diamondback has utilized worldwide inventions to achieve perfect gear ratios. Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike runs on 8-speed Shimano drivetrain with supportive and reliable shifting components: KMC Z51 chain, Shimano front and rear derailleur, rear cassette and shifters. These components ensure smooth and responsive gear shifting while maneuvering the rough terrains and rolling over rocks and logs.This machine also offers 24 gearing options that reduce the amount of energy required to ride up hills and promotes high speeds across flat terrain.
- Black Stainless steel spokes-14g
- Doublewall rims DB 7
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Kraton grips DB4L
- Adjustable DB Race Saddle Seat
- Shimano Cogset HG-3
- 685 mm wide Handlebar DBSL318B
The features of Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike discussed above yields ample benefits and advantages. Let’s have a look at some of them to have an insight of the value you expect for the bucks spent on this machine.
Advantages of the Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike
- Durable and lightweight: The strength and weight of a mountain bike depend on the materials used and the method of fabrication. The frame for Diamondbacks recoil 29er is made from 6061 T-6 aluminum, which makes it resilient and resistant to corrosion. The frame is machine butted, a fabrication process that gives it a lightweight feature.
- High degree of safety: Almost all the design features of the Diamondback recoil 29er contribute to the safety of the rider; starting from the frame, rims, tires and brakes among others. The strong frame fully supports the rider’s weight. You don’t need to worry about cycling at high speeds as the Tekro Aires reliable disc brakes will bring your bike to a halt in seconds.
- Extras provided: Diamondback has gone an extra mile to provide its customers with necessary information about bike care. Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike comes with a manual that serves as a knowledge base for the rider. It makes him/her understand the bike better, its components, accessories, importance tools and maintenance schedule. An assembly guide is also provided together with a tool kit. Diamondback recoil 29er is shipped as a ready ride; hence customers are expected to perform a 4–step assembly, which is an easy task using the assembly guide. The tool kit emphasizes on using the right tools during repair or maintenance to ensure durability of components.
- Comfortable: The full suspension feature spares the body from shocks and offers smooth rides. The fork and seat are adjustable and they can be set to a suitable position to accommodate a particular rider’s height.
- Elegant Look: The aesthetics of the DB recoil 29er are incredible. They give you an exceptionally stylish appearance while you tackle the trails. The bluish finish with black, white and red accents when matched with the right biking gears makes every other cyclist admire your biking experience courtesy of Diamondback.
- Low price vs Modern technology and quality Components: Diamondback has invested in technology advancement to ensure all their brands to put quality and performance on the high end compared to other manufacturers. This is evident in their recoil 29er mountain bike. Its components are high quality and have been fabricated with high precision. The bike combines several amazing features to deliver long term service, enjoyable and safe rides. Solid full suspension frame, adjustable forks, Shimano Drivetrain, broad tires and the reliable Tektro Aires brakes are some key features of the Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike. Its price tag remains lower besides emerging on top of the list of the best mountain bike brands in the market.
- Ready Ride: The Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike is shipped 95% assembled. The remaining work can be done in minutes. Diamondback has even made it easier by providing a guide and a full toolbox.
Much have been said to help you understand this machine better. Lastly and not the least, the pros listed below enlightens why this bike is the perfect match for your mountain biking needs.
- Attractive single pivot design – uncomplicated and colorful
- Full suspension – enhances comfort
- Light weight – easy to control
- Great Price – affordable with competitive features and high quality components
- Powerful braking system – mechanical disc brakes are perfect
- Strong rims
- Easy to assemble – ready ride shipped 95% assembled
- Wide and light handlebar – offers great control
Cons of the Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike
Plastic pedals – They are delicate and may be damaged if not handled with care.These pedals are slippery, especially in wet conditions. This poses a risk to the rider and need to be replaced.
Missing links of Diamondback recoil mountain bike
In most cases, working efficiency is lower than design efficiency. Bike designers are humans and cannot be 100% perfect.Some riders may not prefer Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike in an event where they find some of their preferred features missing. From my experience with the DB recoil 29er, there was no room for fixing a water bottle cage. Again, the rear suspension had no lockout. However, these were just mere issues. I had a bag on my back where I kept my one liter water bottle. According to the design of Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike, lockout is not a concern. A lockout is not necessary in the rear swing arm pivot design.
The Diamondback recoil 29er mountain bike is a sure bet in mountain biking. It costs up to three times cheaper than its counterparts and still beats them in terms of performance and durability. Even with the few drawbacks attributed to it, the machine offers remarkable mountain biking experience. Investing in this machine is making an intelligent choice. Click here to check out this bike.