Whenever you think of purchasing any kind of product, the first thing you look at is the quality. This is no different with bikes. Hybrid bikes have been around for some time now, but they do not look anything like they did during inception. The designs are geared towards giving cyclists an experience laced with comfort as well as great performance. Above all the quality aspect has been given priority in recent years.
Hybrid bikes are great for a number of reasons thanks to the design which infuses mountain bikes, road bikes, and touring bikes. This infusion makes it a nice tool to be used for commuting, off road biking, racing, and even casual cycling and to top it all off is the ease at which anyone can use it no matter the experience in cycling. Talk about multipurpose. It is clear that hybrid bikes have come of age, however, there is one company that has lived to that philosophy and Diamondback is the name.
Diamondback is no new name as far as bike brands are concerned. It has been in existence for a while now and the brand known for their quality products. Their recent entrant into the market speaks a lot of quality and not just the frame but the parts as well. Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike is an excellent piece of machine that speaks volumes of what Diamondback has put in for the cyclists enjoyment.
The purpose of this article is to give you a descriptive piece on the insight 2 hybrid bike from Diamondback. There are a number of great features that this bike beholds but even greater benefits to discover and enjoy. With that in mind this bike is going delve into six main areas that describe this machine: the features and specs of the Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike, the benefits of the Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike, the pros of Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike, the cons of Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike, the missing links to Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike, and the final thoughts on Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike.
Features and specs of Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike
When it comes to features you have to hand it to Diamondback. Their Insight 2 hybrid bike has a lot to offer. Most of the parts are from quality brands and the bike itself is durable. It is clear that they had the user in mind when they came up with this piece for the features are beautiful as they are practical. You do not have to worry about performance as the manufacturers made sure the features keep you looking forward to your cycling expedition. The following section of the review will focus on the features of this bike.
- The frame is made from 6061 butted aluminum insight performance hybrid frames coupled with integrated alloy aero strait blade fork which means strength and stability.
- The bike has 700c wheels with Kenda Kwik Trax tires which are 700*32c that are great for road and off-road terrain.
- The tires are 32 millimeters thick. The width cushions the user as they tackle rough terrains.
- It also has double walled rims with stainless steel for more stability and strength as you ride
- It comes with mechanical disk brakes made from alloy for superb stoppage power.
- This bike has 31.8 mm large handle bars with great grips.
- It is loaded with a Shimano crank set which comes with a chain guard.
- There’s also easy fire Shimano EF-51 8 speed shifters
- There’s also the sealed cartridge bottom brackets
- It also comes with Shimano FDM-191 for the front and Shimano Acera for the rear
- There are 4 different sizes to choose from: 16”, 18”, 20” and 22”which is quite accommodative.
- It comes with performance hybrid saddle with gel top which enhances comfort
- This bike has 21 speeds to enjoy as you conquer different terrains.
- It weighs 27 lbs which is relatively light for a hybrid bike with such components.
Now we have gone through the features it is time to look at what you will gain. The purpose of purchasing any product is to be able to enjoy the benefits and that goes for the bike as well. The Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike is great bike with loads of benefits to look forward to. All this can be credited to the great specs and features. This next section of the review focuses on the benefits.
- This bike is affordable. You can buy it at a very low price which means this is a great bargain considering the caliber of the bike.
- Since the bike is made from aluminum which is considered to be a light material, the bike can be carried around easily. This is especially helpful if you live in a storied building.
- This is a multipurpose bike. It can be used for a number of purposes such as racing, casual cycling, or commuting.
- The four sizes the bike comes in makes it very accommodating. Depending on what your built is you can find your size from the small to the extra large options.
- The design of the bike is sleek and offers great aesthetic values, that when you ride around town or anywhere you still look good in the process.
- The saddle with the gel top offers comfort when you are riding and acts as a water deterrent when it rains.
- If you are new to the cycling world fear not as this beauty is very flexible despite your experience. It is known to be great novice cyclists.
- Thanks to the solid frame and fork as well as the mechanical disk brakes you can count on a smooth and safe ride.
Pros of Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike
A hybrid bike worth investing in should be perfectly designed. The manufacturers at Diamondback made sure that there was more than normal design features as the Insight 2 hybrid comes with plenty of pros to be enjoyed. This bike is not just a beauty to be looked at but also a performer that leaves the competitors in ewe. Without much ado let’s get into the pros of this Insight.
- The aluminum frame makes it lightweight compared to other bikes of its caliber. This makes navigation a breeze as opposed to bulky and cumbersome
- Though the bike is light weight do not be fooled. Aluminum is light but it packs a punch in terms of strength and sturdiness. You can be sure that the bike will give you the strength you need when you need it.
- This bike is made from quality materials and the parts are from well known brands such as Shimano which means durability for the user.
- The cranks and the chain system are great. Thanks to the chain guard you do not have to worry about the chain derailing while you are riding or mud splashing on the chain
- This hybrid bike comes with larger tires which makes it great for dealing with rough terrain. Coupled with the 8 gears you are bound to enjoy a smooth ride.
- It is one of the most cost effective options in terms of hybrid bikes. If you don’t want to spend too much money then this is the best option
- The assembly process is easy and it only takes a few minutes to have it up and running thanks to the manual available on the delivery package.
- It’s ergonomically designed to enhance comfort to the user especially the hybrid seats with gel and the large handle bars for an easy posture.
- This bike is all about offering more control to the cyclist. The disk brakes offer great stoppage power especially critical in an urban setting. You get more control as to where you want speed and when you need to stop suddenly.
So far this bike has proven that it can hold its own when it comes to features, benefits and pros. It seems to be the perfect choice, right? Unfortunately there is no perfect man made product. Just like most things “made” there are some flaws that seem to get in the way of perfection. Do not be fooled this is not an exclusive event to Diamondback’s insight 2. Most hybrid bikes have their fair share of flaws if you care to check.
Listing these flaws does not mean that this bike is not worth a dime and should be dismissed. It is merely giving you a heads up to what to expect when you decide to make that all important choice of buying this bike. The next part of this review will look at some of the cons that you will have to bear with if and when you have the insight 2 hybrid.
- The wheels and tires may be wide enough to provide cushioning in rough terrains but the lack of proper shock absorbers can lead to some discomfort.
- Most of the parts are from a well known brand and of high quality. However, some parts like the plastic pedals wear out easily and the pedals slip off especially in wet conditions.
- Although the bike can be easily assembled, it is recommended that the assembly be done by a professional. In this case, you may incur extra cost.
- The steel spokes of the bike tend to loosen after some time on the road. If they are not tightened, they disappear while on trip.
- The lack of a storage rack as well as a water bottle holder is another disadvantage since you would want to be hydrated as you rode around especially in long distance.
- Shifting from one gear has proven to be problematic from time to time. The gear shift can take longer than expected or my even not happen.
- There is a huge possibility that you may have to buy replacement parts as soon as the bike is delivered so that you can optimize performance. This will also mean an extra cost on you.
- Though the bike comes with aluminum and steel parts it is still vulnerable to rust which can be damaging to performance and not to mention the extra cost you will incur to replace the damaged parts.
Missing links to Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike
This bike is great in many ways than one. However, apart from the cons that threaten to take its glory down a notch, there is the missing links. Also it is good to note that despite all the quality parts, the bike is still considered as cheap. The parts my not all be up to par.
It is also good to know that these missing links are not a free ticket for you to consider the Diamondback insight 2 as worthless. These flaws can be easily worked on to create the perfect working conditions on the bike. Read next section and learn about the missing links and how to deal with them.
- The brakes tend to have some squeaky noise this means you need to tighten the brake pads.
- Though the seat is generally comfortable, with time and distance it becomes uncomfortable. Place some cushion on the seat.
Final thoughts on Diamondback insight 2 hybrid bike
As you can see from the review above there is more to gain than to lose. The price is great and there is so much to be enjoyed in terms of features that disseminate the benefits and pros. Thought there are a few setbacks in terms of cons, it is nothing too serious that cannot be dealt with. At an affordable price you get a quality bike and you are promised to have a great time commuting or even learn to race. There is no such thing as perfection but with a solid frame and great components from renowned companies such as Shimano perfection has never been closer and at a cheap price too. The final verdict for the Diamondback insight 2 is that it is worth your time and money. Try it and you won’t regret! Click here to check out this bike.