Biking can serve a myriad of purposes; racing, exercise, leisure and so on but one of the most common one is commuting. Finding the right bike for such a purpose can be a huge challenge, especially when it comes to finding quality at an affordable price. There are so many brands in the market offering the be for your commuting needs, but they never deliver. However, Critical Cycles have come to the rescue with their one of kind Critical Cycles Classic Fixed Gear Single Speed Bike.
This bike has the making that keeps the commuter looking forward to the next trip on the bike. With the steel frame that offers strength yet is light enough to enjoy a smooth ride on. The Wander tires can withstand rugged and rough roads coupled with the 700c wheels and Promax brakes for great stopping power. It is a single speed and fixed gear piece and thanks to the flip-flop hub you can switch from either to the other with the flip of a switch.
When it comes to looks a rider will not be disappointed with this bike. Since it’s human nature to choose something with some aesthetic value, the design of this bike is slick and the colors to choose from are more than enough. Talk about variety. Most of the parts are from quality brands so you do not have to worry about wear and tear.
This bike has a lot to offer and the features do not just stop at what is mentioned above. There’s a lot more to be enjoyed and the purpose of this article is to give you a run down of what is to be expected with this beautiful cycle. This review will focus on six main parts: the specs and features of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike, the benefits of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike, the pros of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike, the cons of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike, the missing links of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike, and the final take on critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike.
Features and specs of critical cycles fixed gear single speed bike
Features and specs are key to any product. A good percentage of consumers depend on the list of features before they purchase any product. The critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike has some awesome features that add character and boldness to it. Critical Cycle made it a point to include not just functioning features, but also quality ones. The following part of this review works at describing this bike.
- This bike is fitted with a hand made steel frame that offers strength and durability in equal measure.
- It also comes with pursuit bullhorn handlebars that offers a comfortable ride.
- The bike also comes with tires that can be able to withstand the roughness of the road.
- The brakes are from Promax, which means quality and top of the art stopping power.
- For a great chain system the chain is from KCM for effective cycling.
- The handlebars have a flip-flop hub to aid in switching between fixed gear and single speed easily.
- This bike comes with 700C wheels for smooth riding on the road.
- The rims of the bike are double walled for extra strength to tackle the road.
- The bike has low profile VP platform pedals that make it easy to pedal.
- There are five sizes to choose from: 43cm, 49cm, 53cm, 57cm and 60cm for convenience on people with different built.
- This bike also has 3 pc cranks.
- For aesthetic purposes the bike comes in different colors.
- To ease up the assembly process, on delivery the bike comes with a tool box.
- There’s a water bottle holder to help you keep hydrated when you need to
The benefits of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike are a dime a dozen thanks to the great and quality features and specs of this beautiful machine. If there is one thing that the manufacturers at Critical Cycles invested in is the delivery of a bike that is beneficial to the cyclist. Whether it is a commuter trying to get to one side of town from another or simply a cycling enthusiast. There are a number of benefits this bike comes with and this next part of the review will focus on each in detail.
- One of the benefits that stands out is the fact that this bike comes with a quality brand in terms of components. Quality components mean no need to visit a bike shop to buy some worn out part of the bike.
- This bike is very durable thanks to the handmade steel that it is made of. It also gives the bike a smooth riding feel instead of clumsy artificial ride.
- This bike is also very easy to assemble as it comes with a manual and tools to fix and calibrate the components to the right specifications.
- Another benefit is the great looks. The design is classic yet slick and the colors do not disappoint.
- The price tag on this bike is cost effective considering the state of the art component. At a very low price this is a great bargain.
- For those who are not interested with the hustle of different gears this is a great option as you have to choose between a fixed gear and single speed.
- Its lightweight nature makes it easy to carry from one place to another or up the stairs to your apartment.
- It is very accommodating to different people with different needs. The five sizes to choose from ensures that there’s enough room for everyone.
- This is a multipurpose bike. Though it is made to cater for commuter you can also use it for a leisure ride and to some extent for some exercise if you have no time to make it to the gym. This is all due to the single speed that offers more resistance than that of multiple gear.
- Thanks to the Promax brakes and sturdy steel frame, you are provided with strength as well as stopping power that offers you more control.
Pros of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike
So does this bike have any pros you ask? The answer is to the affirmative. Apart from the benefits, there are also some pros that work towards making your riding experience something to look forward to. The feature bestowed on the critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike makes sure that on the bike you get to own the road and even while you are off it the experience lingers on for a long while. The next segment will look at the pros in depth and what it means for you as a cyclist.
- There are plenty of varieties to choose from thanks to the colors and sizes the bikes are made.
- The assembly process is straight forward since you have the instructions manual and the bike comes delivered inclusive of the right tools for the work ahead.
- This is a stable machine from the steel frame it is made of to the great brakes it has.
- The components are not only quality but responsive as well.
- There are no complications in using this bike. It is easy to use with pros and beginners alike
- This critical piece has a great chain system that works smoothly during pedaling.
- This bike’s pursuit bullhorn handlebars have great grips on them plus you get to sit comfortably as you ride around town.
- On a flat road the glide is very smooth and effortless.
- There’s a water bottle holder to help you keep hydrated as you ride the bike around town.
Cons of critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike
As you have seen from our discussion above this is one bike to give a second and a third look. The features are well put, so that a user can fully enjoy the benefits and pros. However, that is not to say that there is no downside. Just like most man-made products the Critical Cycle classic fixed gear single speed bike comes with its fair share of flaws.
Note, that this is not to day that the bike is not worth your time. The flaws are common to many bikes, especially commuter bikes. The aim of this next section of the review is to identify and discuss the flaws. Read on and understand.
- The bike may be made from a brand that prides itself in quality, but the tires will have to be changed as soon as you hit the road.
- The pedal as well needs some changing as it can be problematic when pedaling. There have been reports of the feet sliding off as you pedal
- Another con is the fact that it is single speed and fixed gear only. This limited choice can be problematic for those cycling on hilly terrain.
- The rims may be double walled but they are vulnerable marks such as scratches and so on.
- The tool kit is helpful, but when some of the tools for some of the parts are missing then it is problematic.
- Though the assembly process is easy, you still have to, it yourself or even send more by hiring someone if you are not up for the challenge.
This is an awesome bike with awesome features and the benefits and pros leave you looking forward to your riding expedition. Unfortunately, there are some things that work against the overall great performance of the bike, sorry to burst your bubble. Looking at other bikes of the same caliber as this Critical Cycles machine I realize that it is a common thing to find such flaws in most brands.
Critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike has some flaws, some missing links if you will. The good news is that these flaws can be dealt with at home and there is no need to visit a bike shop to get the job done. This section below looks at these missing links and offers suggestions as to how to deal with such issues.
- The saddle is comfortable for some time, but the longer you stay on the bike, the harder the seat seems to get. To deal with such an issue, look for some cushions for the saddle and it would be much more comfortable.
- The tires are usually vulnerable to wear and tear as soon as you start riding. The best you can do in this instant is to have extra tubes just to be on the safe side.
- There are some squeaky noise that comes from the brake. The cause is usually a faulty assembly. Twerk the brakes according to the manual given.
Final take on critical cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike
This critical cycle, classic fixed gear single speed bike comes with a lot of to offer, the manufacturers made sure of that. There’s a lot to say about this beautiful machine, but what stands out is its durability and the ease at which you can change from fixed gear to single speed and vice versa thanks to the flip-flop hub on the handle bar. The price is also something positive to talk about. Because of low price and with quality components who can complain. You do not have to worry about the assembly process being rocket science. There is a manual to use and to top it all off is the tool kit available on delivery.
If you want durability, then Critical Cycles classic fixed gear single speed bike is the bike to purchase. Sure, there are issues with some of the features, but that does not mean this bike should be at a garbage heap. In terms of overall performance this bike gives value for money plus you get to look good while riding. Go ahead and try it. Click here to check out this bike.