Finding the right electric mountain bike can be a hustle. Electric bikes are relatively new and manufacturers are still finding their way through that maze. If you ever had a bike that can match up to your expectation its usually very expensive and if it is within your budget, the features are not that impressive. However, there are a number of E-bikes that have eye catching features and can be purchased at an affordable price. One of those is Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric mountain bike.
One of the most impressive features of this bike is the shock absorbing capabilities. The rear spring based suspension and the aluminum front fork makes sure you enjoy the best. On the road it is impressive and on the off road it is mind blowing. Coupled with the large 26” wheels the ride ahead will be smooth despite the terrain. The aluminum frame gives the bike strength and stability while you enjoy 20 MPH thanks to the 48 V 500 Watts motor. It is also durable and at the same time light so that you can enjoy a comfortable ride without the extra weight that other bikes have.
The 48 V/8.8 Ah lithium battery takes a record time of 3-4 hours to fully charge so that you can enjoy up to 25 miles on full electric mode. There is an LCD screen from which you can monitor the speed, distance and what is left of the battery. From this bike you can enjoy 7 speeds thanks to the Shimano shifter. Since your safety is of uttermost importance the HITHOT H1 comes with disk brakes that make stopping a breeze especially in wet and slippery situations. This bike is also relatively affordable considering the quality and in comparison to other bikes of the same caliber.
The aim of this article is to give you a detailed review of what to expect with the Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric bike. We understand that you want to have your money’s worth and a riding experience not to be rivaled. This review will look at the bike in these areas: the features and specs of Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric bike; its benefits, pros and advantages, the cons and disadvantages, missing links and the final thought on this machine.
Features and specs of Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric mountain bike
Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric bike is one of a kind bike loaded with features that are bound to keep you coming back for more. These features stand out by virtue of the benefits they render the user. The folks at Addmotor made sure that each and every feature dishes out great experience and in the end worthwhile performance. The list below describes the features that make this bike what it is.
- 6061 aluminum frame which makes it strong and durable, but at the same time light enough to leave the cyclist without extra baggage.
- This bike is fitted with a spring based suspension and an aluminum fork that provide all the shock absorbing need you may have.
- The large 26” *2.35” Kenda tires offer the best in terms of stability and comfort for the rider. These tires can handle the different terrains you throw at it.
- It also comes with Samsung 48v, 8.8 Ah Lithium battery which takes between 3-4 hours to be fully charged. The distance covered with this bike while on full electric mode is 25 miles while it can cover 45 miles on assisted pedal mode.
- It is fitted with Terko alloy disk brakes that allow you to stop when you need to, even when the conditions are dangerous especially on slippery roads.
- There is a 48V 500 Watts motor that powers the electric bike.
- It also comes with LED display to help you monitor the speed you are using, what is left of the battery and the distance covered.
- It comes with both the pedelec and throttle modes for you to choose from. The throttle mode is half twist.
- The pedals are made from alloy and the chain is rust resistant, which means that no matter the weather conditions the chain will still be in top shape.
- It also comes with comfortable sport type seat and alloy ZOOM handle bars.
- It can carry up to 300 pounds and accommodates users who are between 5’2” and 6’4” in height.
- It weighs 54 pounds in total
The Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric bike comes loaded with benefits thanks to the features it is loaded with. It is logical for you to ask what value you will be getting for the money you have spent on this electronic machine. The following section will identify and describe the benefits in detail.
- This bike offers a smooth ride. The spring suspension, aluminum fork and large wheels ensure that the ride is smooth even when you are off road or on a bumpy pothole filled road.
- It is an excellent choice for those who might consider themselves on the extreme end of plus size. It carries up to 300 pounds so there is no need to worry about the bike not being able to handle your weight. Plus, the bike can also accommodate people with different height.
- It is an affordable bike as far as electric bikes are concerned. Its price is pretty low considering features it has. Some bikes with the same quality components can cost you much more.
- It can handle whatever terrain you throw at it. With the wider tires and shock absorbing capabilities you can easily cruise through different terrains.
- It is a very stable bike that offers you more control with the aluminum frame and disk brakes you cannot go wrong.
- You can easily monitor the progress you have made in terms of speed as well as distance and check the condition of the battery.
- The design is done ergonomically for the comfort of the user.
- The charging hours are reasonably low and you can have it running for a longer period of time
- You can choose from the different riding modes of full electronic when you don’t want to use any effort just the enjoy the ride or pedelec mode or the pedal assist.
- The overall bike design looks cool and it also looks better as you are riding it on the road or anywhere else.
- At the end of every ride you are sure to get a much needed work out that you could have otherwise gotten in an expensive gym.
The pros of Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric mountain bike
Just as with the features, the Addmotor HITHOT H1 Electric bike is loaded with a number of pros that you can look forward to. The features are not just there to give off benefit, but pros as well. So you ask what’s in it for you? Read the following section and get to what this bike has to offer.
- A great chain system. The chain system is rust proof, so you do not have to worry about having to grease it every so often so that it can work smoothly without getting stuck while you are peddling.
- Excellent safety measures. You can count on the brakes to work fluently whenever you need it to and the bike is overall stable because of its aluminum frame and iron fork.
- It is easy to assemble. It comes partly assembled and all you need to do is to attach some of the parts such as pedals, wheels and handlebars which takes, at most, 20 minutes.
- Free shipping in some US states. If you are among the 48 US states that can receive the bike with free shipping, then you can save some good amount of cash.
- Easy to use you. The Addmotor HOTHIT H1 is one easy bike to use. It is not that complicated once you get acquainted with the throttle.
- It is durable. It is made from aluminum in terms of the frame while the other parts are quality, branded components.
- Also, the aluminum frame makes the bike is light enough to make it go faster as well as give you more control on the bike.
- The seven gears can handle hilly terrain without too much effort on your side as the cyclist.
Unfortunately, we have come to the point of examining the flaws and shortcomings of the Addmotor HOTHIT H1 electric bike. We would like to believe that there is such a thing as a perfect bike but unfortunately that is not so. No man made product is. This bike has its fair share of flaws that you have to contend with. Going through the flaws I also have to admit that those flaws are not unique to this bike. A trip down memory lane takes me back to some of the reviews I have written about other bikes and I realize that some, if not most, of the flaws are pretty common. On that note, let us take a look at some of the flaws so that you can be prepared for what is ahead.
- As much as the price tag seems cheaper than other bikes it is still very expensive for those looking to purchase an electric bike on a budget. There are other electric bikes that are cheaper or in other words, under the four figures mark.
- Another flaw is the fact that the instruction manual is a bit ambiguous. It cannot be easily understood, some may even have to hire the services or a professional in order to have it assembled as it should which can really put a financial dent in your wallet.
- Some of the important parts such as a storage rack are missing and no provision is made so that you can have it installed after you have made a purchase.
- If you are shorter than 5’2” then this is not the bike for you. It is a huge bike and it can be a challenge to ride if you are on the shorter end
- Unfortunately, it has no quick release feature so when it comes to adjustments whether it is the seat or the wheels it can be an issue.
- The seven speeds can be quite limiting considering that there are other electric bikes with speeds of up to 21.
- Though the bike is considered to be light in relation to its size it is still a heavier option. At 54 ponds, it can be difficult to carry it up the stairs or into a storage area.
Missing links to Addmotor HOTHIT H1 electric mountain bike
Despite all the praises this bike has received it also has some other flaws to deal with. These flaws are known as missing links. They are drawbacks that undermine the performance of the bike but can be easily fixed from home without spending too much time and money on it. Note that pointing out these flaws is not meant to discourage you, but to help you make an informed choice. This bike still remains as a top performer, but with a few tips and turns.
- The sports type seat can become uncomfortable at some point. It is not padded for comfort. To make it work for you, buy another replacement seat with gel and designed for comfort.
Final thoughts on Addmotor HOTHIT H1 electric mountain bike
The Addmotor HOTHIT H1 electric bike is a tool that every mountain bike driver should consider investing in. The features that translate to the benefits and pros make the deal worthwhile. The components are of high quality, hence you can say goodbye to frequent replacement and unnecessary maintenance practices. The price can be a bit on the higher end, but at the end of it you will see why it is priced the way it is. The shortcomings notwithstanding, this is a great tool to invest in whether you are a pro at cycling or a beginner, you are bound to enjoy the experience that is before you. Click here to check out this bike.